NZ Kingies & Snapper on fly

mgj

Mark,

You would have to be one of the keenest and best fly fishos around. Are you still harassing the local king population? Might see you on the water some day.

cheers,

Brent ....kens mate with the tinnie and now gale force... Back in action now after some time off the water...

2 hours ago, mgj said:

Brent it’s been a while. I still get out weekly in Sydney.

I’ve got a 1850 Stabicraft CC these days.

It enables me to fish inshore & offshore 

with ease.

Mark

Hi Mark

sounds like you had an awesome trip.... those are serious fish on flies

would that happen to be a green stabi CC?

last summer i think we launched before/after each other at least 15 times haha

ps- u offered me some very good advice about tieing off rope on the nose about 3 weeks ago. If that is u, il be sure to say hi next time

That’s my boat-it’s built like a battle tank but flies along with a good safe ride.

Happy to help at the ramp.I’ve seen some bizarre things occur on ramps during this time of year!

We are catching up to the Kiwis.The Kingie traps have been banned for nearly 20 years.They almost wiped out our populations of Kingies around Sydney.One trap would snare huge numbers of Kingies.

It’s taken that long for the diminished stocks to come back.When I first started this 12 years ago,and a Kingie-normally a rat was a rare capture indeed!

They never have had Kingie traps or many pros in NZ,hence their fantastic fishery.We all must make sure that the traps never come back here.

I catch fish here well over 80 & 90 cm these days on fly, on occasion-unthinkable 12 years ago!

Sydney Kingie

529B441F-0BB5-4DFB-853B-CDE9B763E16A.jpeg

Edited by mgj