Port Macquarie fishing

phill81

Just escaped Sydney and made the move to the Port and looking for any advice on where to fish. Have caught a few flatties of lighthouse beach but that's about it. I wont have my boat for a few months so looking for some land based spots as well. The breakwall looks good but seems to have a pretty fast flow.  Lake Cathie looks good but I think its closed to the ocean at the moment and assume this might affect things. Any advice or tips from fellow raiders would be great.

Pump some yabbies at Blackmans point and fish the sand flat there, Grab some Tomatoes and Strawberries at Ricardo's on the way, Cross the "creek" at Settlement Point, Pump some Yabbies and fish all the way back down the main river sand flats. Wade back down the "creek" a bit too. Or lure fish these spots. Talk to the local tackle store, they also sell Beach Worms! Cathie is closed, but well worth wading. Have a look at the Perch Hole. Off to the right a few k port side of Cathie off lake road.  Whiting on poppers !!!  Howard

PS Google Earth !

had a crack at Blackmans this morning, great spot to get nippers and throw in a line. Only got some small bream and a sting ray that gave me a bit of a fight. By the time I left there were too many people showing up, probably mostly families on holiday. Hopefully it will quieten down after the Christmas holiday period. Thanks again for the suggestion. 

On 12/27/2017 at 3:43 PM, phill81 said:

Just escaped Sydney and made the move to the Port and looking for any advice on where to fish. Have caught a few flatties of lighthouse beach but that's about it. I wont have my boat for a few months so looking for some land based spots as well. The breakwall looks good but seems to have a pretty fast flow.  Lake Cathie looks good but I think its closed to the ocean at the moment and assume this might affect things. Any advice or tips from fellow raiders would be great.

You should take dirvin21 (Dave) up on his offer. He's one of the best anglers on this site. Good luck with the new fishing environment, bn

It might be worth going on some charters until you get the boat.   I’ve haven’t been to Port for some time but there is an estuary guide I’d be spending  the day with when I get back there.  PM if you wanna the derails. 

• Like 1

On ‎28‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:24 PM, dirvin21 said:

if your keen when the school holiday insanity is over we should go for a fish I'm at Eungai so it's only 45minutes to port now

For sure, always looking to learn new fishing spots and learn from people in the know.