SP’S Around Sydney

SquidgyBoi

Hello, 

My name is Atilla and I live in Drummonyne right in the middle of Sydney, I was wondering if maybe you raiders can help me with some questions:

1: Are Zman grubs good and what color is best other than motor oil 

2: Where are some good spots in Sydney ( if it is a secret don’t worry )

3: Can you tell me a bit about your self

thanks,

It seems like there are quite a few new people looking to get into soft plastics in Sydney. I was in the same boat about a year ago and found one thing: don't overthink it too much.

Don't get caught up too much in lures and colours etc. The most important thing to do is keep moving if you aren't getting any bites. Really. Keep moving until you find the fish. As you learn more about fish behaviour from being on the water you will find that you have to move less and that you can key in on them pretty quickly.

For example, you pick a day you are going to go fishing. First thing, check the tides. Is the tide rising? then aim for some flats or creeks that will fill up as the tide moves in. Is the tide falling? Aim for the spots where the creeks and flats drain out

For landbased, I also check the wind. Is it a southerly or nor-easter? I generally prefer to have the wind at my back for ease of casting. However, sometimes the wind can push food for shrimp and baitfish up against the shore line so sometimes casting into the wind can be more productive.

Tecchnique will go further than lure colour. Having all the lures won't make much difference if they aren't presented well. Get a couple colours between 2" and 3" and just try working them in different ways and getting a feel for fishing fast and fishin slow.

Scent is also a big one I find. I have been in situations where I'm not getting any nibbles, put scent on then land a flatty next cast. In my opinion it works.

There really are no bad spots in Sydney but some places will be harder than others to get the good sized trophy fish.

I have a few videos of some spots around Sydney on my youtube. You can see the places I've caught fish in lately and I would definitely recommend them. So long as you are doing the miles, you will get the smiles.

4 hours ago, BrassRoots said:

It seems like there are quite a few new people looking to get into soft plastics in Sydney. I was in the same boat about a year ago and found one thing: don't overthink it too much.

Don't get caught up too much in lures and colours etc. The most important thing to do is keep moving if you aren't getting any bites. Really. Keep moving until you find the fish. As you learn more about fish behaviour from being on the water you will find that you have to move less and that you can key in on them pretty quickly.

For example, you pick a day you are going to go fishing. First thing, check the tides. Is the tide rising? then aim for some flats or creeks that will fill up as the tide moves in. Is the tide falling? Aim for the spots where the creeks and flats drain out

For landbased, I also check the wind. Is it a southerly or nor-easter? I generally prefer to have the wind at my back for ease of casting. However, sometimes the wind can push food for shrimp and baitfish up against the shore line so sometimes casting into the wind can be more productive.

Tecchnique will go further than lure colour. Having all the lures won't make much difference if they aren't presented well. Get a couple colours between 2" and 3" and just try working them in different ways and getting a feel for fishing fast and fishin slow.

Scent is also a big one I find. I have been in situations where I'm not getting any nibbles, put scent on then land a flatty next cast. In my opinion it works.

There really are no bad spots in Sydney but some places will be harder than others to get the good sized trophy fish.

I have a few videos of some spots around Sydney on my youtube. You can see the places I've caught fish in lately and I would definitely recommend them. So long as you are doing the miles, you will get the smiles.

Thanks for all your help, this spot in your video is worth a shot, Do you know where I can get cheap lures online ?. Unlucky st the start when you lost the fish.

2 hours ago, SquidgyBoi said:

Thanks for all your help, this spot in your video is worth a shot, Do you know where I can get cheap lures online ?. Unlucky st the start when you lost the fish.

The cheapest are at dinga.com. They are a site sponsor and follow details below for an extra 5% discount

•  
  • DINGA
  • SITE SPONSOR
  • 1 post

Hi Fishraiders,

Thank you for the warm welcome, and great to hear many of you have already experienced the benefits and advantages of DINGA Online, and why it is unanimously considered the #1 for Fishing Tackle by Australia's Angling Community

In addition to our already low prices (if not the lowest prices in Australia), we would like to offer all Fishraider members (new & existing), an additional 5% discount on all their orders.

Before placing an order please email us at info@dinga.com.au with the below details and we will assign you to a special customer group which will provide you with an additional 5% discount off our already low prices. Plus we will deliver every order to you within Australia free.

All you need to do is email us with the following details:

1. Email address
2. Fishraider "Display Name"

... and we will apply this special extra discount offer to all of your orders from that time on.

If you are not already a DINGA Club member, just go to this page and join (free) and fill in your details before you email us with your details. https://www.dinga.com.au/dinga-club.html

At DINGA Online we don’t offer discounts on inflated prices. Our special offers are truly special offers. We pride ourselves on being a cut above the competition, but what really sets us apart is what we like to call "The DINGA Difference".

• Super fast, FREE shipping (Signed in DINGA Club Members)
• All products backed by the DINGA 100% Guarantee (Easy Returns)
• Best Value Guarantee (We will beat any advertised online price that an Australian competitor has in stock) 
• Protect your purchase from Click to Delivery 
• DINGA Buyer Protection (On all Transactions)
• Enjoy 5 Star Service (Before & After Purchase)

We are always happy to help you if you require assistance - please let us know by email, or call us during business hours on 02 4960 8840.

We would also like to take this opportunity to wish all of you and your families a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Talk soon,
Gordon Balcomb.
DINGA Online
Your Best Mates In Fishing!

https://www.dinga.com.au
https://ondeckby.dinga.com.au
Get in on the growing following and Like us on Facebook 
www.facebook.com/dinga.fishing.77

Edited December 22, 2017 by DINGA

52 minutes ago, blaxland said:

What hard body lures do people use instead of soft plastics?

Depends on the species. Flathead will take anything so long as it's worked along the bottom. I would choose longer hardbodies to prevent biteoffs.

Yellowfin bream prefer diving hardbodies which are short and fat around 38-45mm long in natural colours. Particularly browns, greens, blacks, clear with some accent of red or orange for the underbelly. 

Whiting prefer much of the same as bream when sub-surface but on topwater they love poppers and walkers worked without any pauses. Yellow, pink and white are a big hit on top water.

Tailor, they prefer expensive lures that have just come out of the packet... B)