Port Hacking again

Yowie

fish.jpeg_134.thumb.png.7e67f37019d9ae67008da9a96c806bd8.png

Headed out early to near the mouth of Yowie Bay. The tailor in the first couple of casts with strip baits, then none after that. The bream also grabbed a strip bait, then the undersized reddies come in on the berley, there were plenty of them about, then finally one legal one.

Only caught 1 pillie, a few jumping about, but not a splash form anything larger. Threw out that pillie and the flattie grabbed it.

While I was trying to catch a couple of yakkas, the jackets swam about, they were cruising a fair way off the bottom, so I used small strips of squid on a small hook.

Headed home and as I was looking in the water at the front of mum's place, the fan tail jacket swam into shallow water. Did not take long to hook up, a quick photo and it was released.

1 hour ago, Mr Squidy said:

Great catch as always Yowie, certainly seems the pillie schools and tailor/salmon/bonnies/kings/etc are all a bit late showing up in any real numbers this year.

Cheers,

Rich

The tailor were a bit late this summer. There have been kingies getting stuck into the bait schools, and a few bonnies as well, but on the last couple of trips I have not seen a decent fish splashing about any where near me. Not even any rat kingies in the burley trail or following up a hooked fish. Maybe they have moved further up river with the clear water.

16 hours ago, Yowie said:

The tailor were a bit late this summer. There have been kingies getting stuck into the bait schools, and a few bonnies as well, but on the last couple of trips I have not seen a decent fish splashing about any where near me. Not even any rat kingies in the burley trail or following up a hooked fish. Maybe they have moved further up river with the clear water.

Yeah maybe, this time last year we were killing it on the surface fish at sunset in the deep off lilli pilli of an afternoon, heaps of salmon/kings/tailor and huge schools of pillies, just not seeing the same numbers this year yet. Flip side there has been a really good size to the school Jewies in the river this year with most going legal and we've seen some great lizards as well, similar to your catches, so can't exactly complain when those fish are abouts.

Rich