Crowdy Head

Scratchie

G’day raiders, 

Just a quick report from Crowdy Head this weekend. Got to spend it with the family on a fishing club trip. Managed to get out with beautiful seas early morning. Flicked sps early for a few plate sized snapper until the slimies showed up in massive numbers. Caught a heap and slowly trolled them around the shoals and schools hoping for a longtail or Spanish. Come up tight a few times  with some solid runs but only ended up with Mack tuna and some solid bonito! 

Still a great weekend away with the family and we managed to get a rod bent, can’t ask for more! 

Cheers scratchie!!! B6F8F384-4609-40F0-8C88-5D8007B7418E.thumb.png.a9b51a4b3472aac77706081881ffc1d7.pngE463D685-7E7C-4634-868A-FC26DF98CD04.thumb.jpeg.4e96806884d004fdb81799090fbd3477.jpeg

• Like 3

Nice couple of Mack tuna there, Jeff and a good sized bonito for the young fella! Well done! I’m anxiously watching the weather. I’m hoping to get out tomorrow... although it looks like we’re in for a few days of southerly winds and swell. Typical... holidays start on Wednesday! ?

2 hours ago, Yowie said:

Nice work there Scratchie, those tuna would put a bend in the rod.

Southerly just hitting southern Sydney now.

Thanks yowie! Picked up the first on the snapper stick! That tested the tennis elbow! ?

1 hour ago, Rock&Beach said:

Great sunrise Scratchie. Looks like good fun out there. Cheers R&B

Cheers. Great place to fish. My first time here but I’ll be back. Still a stack of places I didn’t check out. 

1 hour ago, Ribs said:

As usual Some good fish there for Team Scratch! Well done boys  ??????

I'll be up little beach 22/3 So leave some fish for me please bro ?

Thanks bro! Sweet I’ll be off then for tbft. Catch up for sure! 

47 minutes ago, Berleyguts said:

Nice couple of Mack tuna there, Jeff and a good sized bonito for the young fella! Well done! I’m anxiously watching the weather. I’m hoping to get out tomorrow... although it looks like we’re in for a few days of southerly winds and swell. Typical... holidays start on Wednesday! ?

Cheers baz! I’m Happy to come with you tomorrow if you want. The morning looks ok! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scratchie said:

Cheers baz! I’m Happy to come with you tomorrow if you want. The morning looks ok! 

Sounds great to me! WW has predicted 14kn SW winds at the heads and a 1.3m SSE to S swell. So, on my own, I’d thought of playing safe and exploring Flyroads area, thinking I might get out of some of the wind and swell and have a quick run home if needed. But if you think it’s ok for a run to Broughton or the FAD, I’m up for it. Flat out at work at the moment but I’ll give you a ring on my next break or tonight. ?

Little Beach ramp OK for a launch at dead low???

Edited by Berleyguts

1 hour ago, rickmarlin62 said:

Big mack tuna jeff  pity nothing better..rick

Cheers rick. Picked up a few snapper. But across the board with every boat that went out (25) and some pretty experienced fishos amongst the lot, there was not much weighed in. We had a heap of action, more than all but just not the target! Looks like a fishy place though. Keen to get back up there and explore! 

2 hours ago, Berleyguts said:

Sounds great to me! WW has predicted 14kn SW winds at the heads and a 1.3m SSE to S swell. So, on my own, I’d thought of playing safe and exploring Flyroads area, thinking I might get out of some of the wind and swell and have a quick run home if needed. But if you think it’s ok for a run to Broughton or the FAD, I’m up for it. Flat out at work at the moment but I’ll give you a ring on my next break or tonight. ?

Little Beach ramp OK for a launch at dead low???

Let’s just see what this southerly does this arvo! Late start might be the go and just go get some kingies! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Scratchie said:

Let’s just see what this southerly does this arvo! Late start might be the go and just go get some kingies! 

I was gonna launch at Soldiers Point at 5-5:30. I’ll give you a ring after work.

Hey jeff  its a funny spot ip there  some days you set the world on fire next u get nothin...some really good lookin gtound  but even the shallow reefs off the beach work well  we even go up to diamond hd and fish the washes...got smashed in the lake today by 30knots southetly  yuck...rick

2 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

Hey jeff  its a funny spot ip there  some days you set the world on fire next u get nothin...some really good lookin gtound  but even the shallow reefs off the beach work well  we even go up to diamond hd and fish the washes...got smashed in the lake today by 30knots southetly  yuck...rick

Funny you say that rick! I went for a recon on Friday arvo and just trolled around some areas checking the structure. When we came back in there were a few boats and they all said they got nothing. The next day was pretty lively in comparison!