New to Site

MSB

Hi Everyone

Just joined your site, heaps of information to sift through. I am based in SE Qld and primarily fish the 25klm stretch of water known as Pumicestone Passage and creeks that run into it. 

Recently retired and upgraded my boat to a new 4.2mtr Quintrex tinny with a 40 Etec, so should be able to make some decent contributions to the site with posts.

MSB

G'day MSB and welcome to this fantastic site. I don't know the area you're in but anywhere in SE Qld has to be good fishing. Sounds like you're all geared up with a good boat and motor, so we'll look forward to reading your posts soon. Don't forget to post some pics so we can have a look where you fish. Cheers, bn

6 hours ago, Scratchie said:

Welcome to fishraider MSB! 

Great to see some far northern New South Welshman join the site! Haha :) 

look forward to your posts! 

Cheers scratchie!!! 

Thanks for the welcome Scratchie, I was almost a far northern New South Welshman, I live less then 5 kilometers from where the Brisbane Line was going to be had we given the top half of Australia to the Japanese in WW11, doubt there would have been any Origins played if that eventuated.

MSB

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Berleyguts said:

Welcome to Fishraider, MSB. A lot to learn here and a lot to share. Go the Blues!

Appreciate the welcome Berleyguts, may be your year this year, please pick Jarryd Hayne,  Mitchell Pearce, and James Maloney that will still keep us in with a chance.

MSB

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rickmarlin62 said:

hi msb  I used to spend 3 weeks at bribie every year when I was younger..love the place..miles of beach..the passage has good fish...mackerel out in the bay..wow   your in a great spot mate..hope to read some reports soon...rick

Hi Rick

Good to hear from you, last time you posted to me was about your whale traveller story in response to me dugong incident in Ningi Creek, have read  a lot of your posts on this site, lots of interesting stuff, pumicestone passage running like brown soup at the moment, I  Iive pretty close to it and I have had 280mm at my place in the last 2 weeks, once it clears up it will make for good prawns and jewies at the creek mouths

MSB

56 minutes ago, big Neil said:

G'day MSB and welcome to this fantastic site. I don't know the area you're in but anywhere in SE Qld has to be good fishing. Sounds like you're all geared up with a good boat and motor, so we'll look forward to reading your posts soon. Don't forget to post some pics so we can have a look where you fish. Cheers, bn

Hi Neil, thanks for the welcome, once the weather clears up here I will be back into it, had 280mm in 2 weeks so all the creeks are spewing a lot of rubbish into the passage, boat and motor go good, will post a few pics of a recent camping trip with my Grandson at Mission Point, beautiful spot.

MSB

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, notoriousTASH said:

Welcome to Fishraider! Since joining I've been given valuable info from fellow members. No doubt you'll find the same support :)

Hi TASH, thank you for the welcome, yep seems a very welcoming site with a lot of contributors, which is not the case with some sites, I think your one of the few that didn't mention Origin football, should be good fun come June I reckon.

MSB

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, MSB said:

Hi Neil, thanks for the welcome, once the weather clears up here I will be back into it, had 280mm in 2 weeks so all the creeks are spewing a lot of rubbish into the passage, boat and motor go good, will post a few pics of a recent camping trip with my Grandson at Mission Point, beautiful spot.

MSB

Hi Neil

Struggling with uploading pics, need to work it out, anyway this one is of my boat in front of the campsite

MSB

20171218_123604.jpg

1 minute ago, MSB said:

Hi Neil

Struggling with uploading pics, need to work it out, anyway this one is of my boat in front of the campsite

MSB

20171218_123604.jpg

Next one is of a Dugong which are pretty common in the gutters around Mission Point

Dugong.jpg

Just now, MSB said:

Next one is of a Dugong which are pretty common in the gutters around Mission Point

Dugong.jpg

Next one is looking from campsite on Bribie across to Toorbul on mainland

20171219_051520.jpg

6 minutes ago, rickmarlin62 said:

nice fotos mate..sometimes cropping or reducing quality will lower fotos below the 4.88 limit...rick

Hi Rick

Mate site says max is .98MB is that for each individual pic or number of pics to a max of 4.88 limit per post?

1 hour ago, MSB said:

Hi TASH, thank you for the welcome, yep seems a very welcoming site with a lot of contributors, which is not the case with some sites, I think your one of the few that didn't mention Origin football, should be good fun come June I reckon.

MSB

As long as you're a blues supporter mate we will get along just fine lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rickmarlin62 said:

you need  to ask mrsswordfisherman bout that..should be 4.88 for one foto or more I had small limit like that before cause my input of fotos was full..

ok thanks Ric, no fishing up here this weekend, absolutely blowing its a**e out

On 10/03/2018 at 6:22 PM, mrsswordfisherman said:

Send me a message @MSB about what is happening with pic attaching. 

Hi Donna

The attached pic started out as 2.16MB being 2 grunter shown on a plate, now at .906KB, now only 2 x half grunter on a plate, unfortunately I am old and not a genius with computers sorry.

MSB5aa5a7532401c_20171213_164809(4).thumb.jpg.59fcf76c3efbedbf94d306500cbf9644.jpg

14 hours ago, MSB said:

Hi Donna

The attached pic started out as 2.16MB being 2 grunter shown on a plate, now at .906KB, now only 2 x half grunter on a plate, unfortunately I am old and not a genius with computers sorry.

MSB5aa5a7532401c_20171213_164809(4).thumb.jpg.59fcf76c3efbedbf94d306500cbf9644.jpg

Can you send me the picture via the message you sent me? Just attach it the same way as you did on the post :)