Kings and Trags - double fun off Sydney

bojulabah

It been a while since I’ve caught Terraglin off Sydney but I headed out during the week to drop for kings with live Yakkas. The yellowtail hey have been XXL of late at my bait grounds, so much so that I’ve keep a few for sushi. A mate put me on to this and I tried some in disbelief. Filleted skinned and deboned they are really good. with Soy and Wasabi. Anyway I dropped the first of the Yakkas down and within 2 minutes I had 2 nice Trags at 50cm, they kings moved in and the fun started. I was fishing solo and 3 rods out with 25 livies in the bait tanks (2 bait tanks). I won’t do this again as I was getting multiple hookups and multiple tangles. After 15 Kings (kept 5) all over 65cm and biggest going 70, then I got smashed by a HUGE king. I was fishing 50lb braid on a Stella and demon blood (64CJ) with 80 lb Fluro. I kept it on for about 4-5 mins, but when it woke up, it took off like I’d hooked the Many Ferry - one long run, head shaking run straight for the bottom that I couldn’t stop and the Stella has 35lb of drag.

After that I was so knackered and cramping hamstrings, so decided to say “Thankyou God” and head in early. The weather report was not great that day - showers, 2 m seas and 20kn southerly, but they got it wrong and turned out calm and pleasant.

863A7FC2-1DDF-4D96-9ED6-E2561D3137B7.jpeg

Edited by bojulabah
  • Like 3