Bought a boat

steeevooo

First boat (with a motor anyway!)
Teamed up with a mate and went halves in this little beauty. 
Figured it'll get more use by both of us owning it.

Mighty keen to get out on the water this weekend, maybe around middle harbour. 
See if we can get onto the kings while they're still around. 
If we manage a spot at the ramps in the area that is, they'll probably be mighty busy :P 

Hopefully smooth sailing. 
The 30hp outboard should give it a solid push :)

$_20.JPG

$_20 (2).JPG

$_20 (1).JPG

• Like 1

Little boats like this are such fun and often far more capable than the big offshore stuff. I had far more consistent catches from a little 3.85 explorer than any other boat I've ever owned, made for some great trips with the family to the NT too.

Cheers everyone! 
Will certainly put up a post about how we go :)
Super excited to get out on the water. 

I used to fish Bantry Bay area loads back in the day, but too old/fat/lazy to do the bushwalk from the oval these days :P
And always fantasized about having a boat down there. 

Might pop over to Forty Baskets also depending on the weather and how we're feeling :)

3 hours ago, MSB said:

looks like an old Clarke Cutter mate, do you know what it is

Not too sure! I'll see if the plates mention anything. 
I know the previous owner bought it unregistered and had to have the plates arranged and attached etc. so it might be a bit of a mystery. 

5 hours ago, JonD said:

Little boats like this are such fun and often far more capable than the big offshore stuff. I had far more consistent catches from a little 3.85 explorer than any other boat I've ever owned, made for some great trips with the family to the NT too.

Too right, tinnies are gold. 

I wish I had enough room for one as well. For those days that you just want a quick fish - launch by yourself, zip up a river, pull it up by hand onto a sandbar when you want to stop. Quick rinse with a hose on the way out and you're done and dusted. Though I'd probably find myself never using the big boat.  

Edited by Smasher

• 2 weeks later...

Looks good, much better than my 1st 2 boats.

Don't want to be a knocker, but I would invest in a couple of decent PFDs (life jackets).  Those old block ones meet legal needs and are ok as bumpers or seat cushions, but I wouldn't trust them to keep me afloat if I got into trouble.