Not a good Friday-Botany 30.3.18

kingie chaser

My mate & I fished all my usual hang outs today which I at least normally catch 5-10 flatties for a few keepers up to 55cm but today all I could.manage 1 flattie that I didnt even measure before returning.

Not sure if the moon phase was out or something but ended a bit of a flop today

Still better than working of course :D

Plenty of you out there today around mollie & just south of the 3rd runway so how did you do?

• Like 1

Super day to be on the water.   The posts of unsuccessful trips are more useful than the successful ones in some ways IMHO.

No Fishing for me today we celebrated Easter today.   So I am planning on Sunday and hopefully it’s quieter on the water.

50 minutes ago, wizza said:

Botany ramp was closed sometime earlier than 8.30 am,full.

Thanks for this bit of info, I was planning to launch from there tomorrow morning for a fish... doesn't seem like its the best idea. Was hoping it would be less busy than say in the harbour, but doesnt sound like it.
Would anyone know if the hawksbury would be any better (ala brooklyn area)? 
Wanting to go out on saturday and monday... just dont want to play washing machine bumper cars on the water.

3 hours ago, wizza said:

I presume.your talking about Foreshore rd or also now called port Botany ramp?

Plenty.of other ramps avaliable in the area!

I was in & out in minutes at the ranp I used ;)

Edited by kingie chaser

Reference to the question about Brooklyn on the Hawkesbury, every time I have fished it day after a full moon it wasn't a good session. However on any other time had lots of fun there.

4 hours ago, Ojay Samson said:

Thanks for this bit of info, I was planning to launch from there tomorrow morning for a fish... doesn't seem like its the best idea. Was hoping it would be less busy than say in the harbour, but doesnt sound like it.
Would anyone know if the hawksbury would be any better (ala brooklyn area)? 
Wanting to go out on saturday and monday... just dont want to play washing machine bumper cars on the water.

• Like 1

Just to follow up on the hawksbury Brooklyn area, I went on a recon trip last night to check out the ramp at the bridge and the ramp at parsley Bay. Both of them were still packed with cars being parked on grass and hard shoulders of roads... This was already at 830pm so I can only imagine how much chaos the place was during the day time. Decided not to go out today from what I saw last night and what I read on this thread about botany. 

I also had a dreadful day yesterday.  Car Park at Tunks park full by about 5;45 am.  Idiots pushing in.  "washing machine" fishing for squid.  Not takers.  Yakkas non existent.  Lost a small Bonito next to the boat at about 7am.  Friend caught 1 undersized Kingie on a jig and I had one very half hearted follow on a slap stix.  Saving the day (if I could even call it that) was a just legal flounder (entree for lunch) and a just legal trevally (sashimi entree last night).  Oh well !  I guess we have to take the bad with the good.

To rub salt into our wounds there was a bunch of guys, who just got off a charter boat, cleaning a bunch of 80cm Kingies.

On 30/03/2018 at 5:28 PM, wizza said:

Hi kingie chaser

Botany Bay is an overall very shallow waterway. Wizza touched on an important point ! I would imagine with that much boat traffic on the bay the fish would be very easily spooked

also....... i stopped fishing inside botany bay 3 years ago as i beleive it is ridiculously over fished and your chances are better elsewhere