A few snapper, first post in ages

samjames95

Apologies as I have been terribly lazy of late with no posts.. headed out on good friday with dad early off botany, with practically no wind and a very slight 1m swell going SSE. Fished in around 50m of water around reefs targeting snapper with a bit of luck; managed 4 pannies 32-38cm, with 4 morwong all of relatively decent size 50-55cm, an absolutely huge cuttlefish which weighed in at around 2.1kg, and what I think to be the best eating fish on the east coast a nice 32cm pearly. Plenty of throwback snapper in amongst that. We also saw a small Mahi Mahi come to the surface and circle the boat.. I've never seen one in so close within 2 miles of the coastline, which was a pleasant surprise, probably due to the water being 22.9 degrees so close in. Back home by 11, cheers.

29884518_1982149071818872_794165088_o.jpg

• Like 2

Nice bag of fish mate ! That cuttle is huge how would u prepare that for cooking ?? 

I had a few small mahi circle the boat today in 40m of water and one even had a go at the tiny flatty coming up to the surface that i had just caught! 

Have to agree with your statement RE pearl perch...... a rare catch ! Only ever got two in 5 years of boat fishing off sydney

On 01/04/2018 at 4:55 PM, GoingFishing said:

Nice bag of fish mate ! That cuttle is huge how would u prepare that for cooking ?? 

I had a few small mahi circle the boat today in 40m of water and one even had a go at the tiny flatty coming up to the surface that i had just caught! 

Have to agree with your statement RE pearl perch...... a rare catch ! Only ever got two in 5 years of boat fishing off sydney

I'm actually freezing it and using it as snapper bait for the next probably 10 times going offshore because it is that big

On ‎3‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 11:14 AM, Scratchie said:

Nice work! Some decent fish there! If your not happy with the mowies, send them to @Yowie he loves em! :P

cheers scratchie!!! 

Would rather eat a shit sandwich (well, almost) before eating a common mowie.  :lol:

• Haha 2