Nice Jews Are Here......pic

Red

Hi Raiders,

A really good mate of mine took me out to Captain Cooks bridge in the early hours of this morning for a jew session that will be remembered for a while.

We got there and sounded around for a few minutes and Bingo........there they were.

They looked big on the sounder. There were nice size tailor working bait and our confidence of success was high. We quickly put two good sized tailor on live and two squid baits out. Within 20 minutes we had two solid fish banging on the deck. High fives all round.

The first fish was 130cm and 18kg and the second 134cm and 22kg :1yikes: . Both fish took live tailor.

We knew more hits would come and Bang, two T-Curve 400 jig rods buckle over. These felt every bit as big if not bigger, but they managed to bust us up on 80lb braid around the Pylons.....Bugger!

Rung my brother who was camped out up at Juno Point along with 4 other boats and aside from sharks, no one turned a reel all night. :biggrin2:

He was not a happy camper and proceeded to call us every name under the sun :074: My brother has yet to catch a good jew out of the Hawkesbury River this season. Hope things improve up there. It's looking like they may be in for a lean year, after a bumper season last year. Pics will be developed and posted in due time. Tight lines.

Cheers

Red

Edited by Red

Guest bluecod

Good effort Red :thumbup:

Two jew, the stuff dreams are made of - I'll have to stop fooling around chasing YF and beakies as much and reintroduce some estuary fishing into my repertoire

I'll have to stop fooling around chasing YF and beakies as much and reintroduce some estuary fishing into my repertoire

G'day Bluecod,

Don't do it mate.....lol

I've spent all day in bed and now i can't sleep :wacko: . The hours involved will knock you around :1prop:

Like yourself, I'm a game fisho but must admit it's far more pleasant fishing for jews. For a start, there's no sunburn :biggrin2: , no swell, no wind, no motor noise, you can enjoy a nice coffee or beer without chipping a tooth and best of all, you won't get fried by the marlin huggers when you take a fish for the table :1prop:

Regards

Red

Edited by Red

Guest bluecod

.. and best of all, you won't get fried by the marlin huggers when you take a jew for the table :1prop:

Red,

Mate there's plenty of jewhuggers around and some of them are down right mean as well, they yell a lot! :074::074:

You've heard the one where the well known marlin lure man dropped a slimey to the bottom in search of a jew DURING a marlin comp and came up with, a marlin :074::1prop:

Red,

You've heard the one where the well known marlin lure man dropped a slimey to the bottom in search of a jew DURING a marlin comp and came up with, a marlin :074::1prop:

Certainly have mate. That's a great little comp.....one not to be missed.

I believe that marlin was taken on a spinstick loaded with 20lb Fireline???? Top effort :thumbup:

Can't wait to have another crack at these jews before they move on.

Cheers

Red

Good stuff mate, where's the photo's :biggrin2:

They will eventually come guys. We are dinosaurs using dinosaur technology.......film :1prop:

Aero, i got very lucky as this was my first jew session for the season. It's downhill from here mate :074:

Still on a high and can't wait for the pics myself. Hope they turn out.

DJ, Jas will spew mate but he is still in his infancy as a jew fisherman and he MUST start off catching soapies like we did........LOL...... you know he will bash me for that comment :biggrin2:

Good luck to all this weekend. We should be back there on saturday night so come on over and say g'day.

Cheers

Red

They will eventually come guys. We are dinosaurs using dinosaur technology.......film :1prop:

Aero, i got very lucky as this was my first jew session for the season. It's downhill from here mate :074:

Still on a high and can't wait for the pics myself. Hope they turn out.

DJ, Jas will spew mate but he is still in his infancy as a jew fisherman and he MUST start off catching soapies like we did........LOL...... you know he will bash me for that comment :biggrin2:

Good luck to all this weekend. We should be back there on saturday night so come on over and say g'day.

Cheers

Red

Red,

I wasn't doubting you at all, i just love to look at jew capture pics....well done again mate.

Red,

I wasn't doubting you at all, i just love to look at jew capture pics....well done again mate.

Can anyone here help me with scanning the pics? I don't have a scanner :(

Me thinks it's time to get with the digital age.....lol

Another fishless night last night for my brother. He's a persistant bugger! Is anyone here pulling fish from the Hawkesbury of late?

Cheers

Red

Can anyone here help me with scanning the pics? I don't have a scanner :(

Me thinks it's time to get with the digital age.....lol

Another fishless night last night for my brother. He's a persistant bugger! Is anyone here pulling fish from the Hawkesbury of late?

Cheers

Red

G'day Red when you get your pics developed get them put on a disc it's only $6

that way you can save them to my pictures and you don't need a scanner.

George.

G'day George, unfortunately my mate has already developed them. He reckons they've turned out ok.

I usually get my film processed at Fletchers in the City and they give you the pics on a disk for free. They do a good job too :thumbup:

If anyone is willing to scan a pic or two please drop me a PM.

Regards

Red

G'day George, unfortunately my mate has already developed them. He reckons they've turned out ok.

I usually get my film processed at Fletchers in the City and they give you the pics on a disk for free. They do a good job too :thumbup:

If anyone is willing to scan a pic or two please drop me a PM.

Regards

Red

I have a scanner you can a have a lend of where are you mate

George.

Hey Red,

Congrats on the great fish mate. I couldnt be happier for ya. DJ was right im spewn after my fishless night :mad3: hahahaha

Just kidn mate, well done.

As for the soapies dude, id be more than happy with a few of them at the moment the way iv been going, lol.

And hey as for the marlinhugers, hmmm dont let them worry ya. You know there's nothing like a 60kg black on the bbq :1prop:

Talk to ya soon mate,

Cheers Jas!

Jason, love the post mate :074: :074:

Marlin huggers are fine, it's the marlin hugging preachers that are a worry :1prop:

And don't get too upset about getting nothing out of the Hawkesbury as yet because it will happen for you if you try hard enough and stay positive.

George, thanks for the offer mate but Aero has come to the rescue and he is nice and local. Pics to be scanned and posted in the next day or two. Sorry for the delay guys.

Cheers

Red

Thanks for scanning the pic Aero :thumbup: .

I was struggling to crack a smile let me tell you. My mate taking the pic took forever to focus and near killed me :074: . The local tackle store owner weighed a very nice 22kg fish this morning that was taken somewhere in Botany Bay. That's great news for people living down this way. There's some nice fish poking around :yahoo:

Regards

Red