Wooli Round 2

Scratchie

G’day raiders, 

Well yesterday we spent the day land locked due to 2m swell and 25 knot southerlys (well sort of). We used the day to make rigs, respool, re-tie etc until about 3pm when we thought we’d go have a look at the bar. We all agreed that it was possible, even if a little dodgy. Made it out and was greeted by a chopped 2m swell and the wind had died to 15 knots. Not pleasant but fishable. Threw stick baits for an hour to cure the soul and headed on as the light faded. 

Today, we headed out at first light, collected our live bait and headed for the grounds. The boys threw sticks whilst I watched over the livies. It was a great morning session with another solid Spanish on a livie and a jellybean yft on a popper! 

On the way home now from an awesome trip with our mission completed! A big thanks to Dom and Bevy. And to Dom for keeping us safe on his weapon of a boat the Edgewater 188c 

cheers scratchie!!! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

Sounds like a good trip jeff.rick

Cheers rick! It was an absolute belter of a trip! 

That bar is not for the faint hearted. Although, we did push the envelope and got out with 2m swell and 15-20 knot southerly! 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, rickmarlin62 said:

Ive crossed it heaps of times in pretty ordinary weather  just decide to go n do it  good to see u got some fish bro ...goin broughton lunch tmrw...rick

Well the boys went up there today and left me at work! ?. 

They smashed it and there were plenty of snapper at my spot! They also picked up a nice longtail. 

• Like 2