Maratime warning for NSW Coastal waters

kingie chaser

Not really sure if this is in the right spot but if not maybe the Mods can move it to the best place for more exposure.

Just in case you haven seen the news this morning-

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-01/83-shipping-containers-tumble-from-cargo-ship-off-nsw-coast/9825950

Edited by kingie chaser
Notice to mods
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

Thanks for that and we have another thread ongoing in The Bar. Will leave this here too kingie chaser. 

its a mess isn’t it - no idea what will happen 

Cheers Mrs.S, to be honest I think you could almost have this in almost every section because for example I have fishing reports come up with a group of pages when my browser opens & rarely visit the other topic section pages on the sight.

Anyway thanks for leaving it up ;) 

Edited by kingie chaser

That is a shame you choose to only look at fishing reports but I know many others do the same.

There is such good info inside the other areas.

You have brought up a significant point and I thank you. I will take it onboard. I hope you don’t mind me highjacking this thread with some ways to use the site. I know you do but others may not.

i could post across all areas but it sort of defeats the purpose of having organised sections to find things. I can broadcast big messages/info across the top if need be. 

I use the unread posts tool as of course as I review everything. 

Here is a screenshot for people who are unaware of the tool . 

ABFEFAEA-4D9F-48C3-BDA7-6066134AE81A.jpeg09C89094-C6DC-4826-8F4C-1DC0BDA2F638.jpegFirst pic shows the little icon to select and second pic shows what comes up. You can filter and adjust what you see.

If I hit the blue dot next to “Ocean” in the title of berleyguts post it will take me straight to the last post in the thread that I have not read (saves scrolling). If I hit the whole title I go to the first post in the thread. 

Now back to the thread here. 

Has there been any reports of sightings of bits and pieces?

• Like 2

That's a great tip Mrs.S, thank you.

As I think you are aware from previous discussions I used to be an administrator of another Aussie site & that's exactly what I used to do as well to monitor all posts but didn't know where or how to access the same thing here.

I have just changed my opening page to 'unread content' & marked site read so I can start fresh from now on :biggrinthumb:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

Has there been any reports of sightings of bits and pieces?

Hi Donna.... I posted in the other post on this topic ... Nappies, Surgical masks and Tampons apparently .....

• Like 1