Narrabeen lake

bookwa

I’ve got an old mate 95years young and he’s residing in the war vets village on Collaroy plateau.  We fished every week for about forty years until he felt uncomfortable on my boat.  I’ve never fished the lake but I’d love to set him up in a chair with rod in hand and hope for a flathead—or anything!  Is there a spot on the lake with easy car access and the chance of catching something?  Weed free area as well I guess.   I would be most appreciative of any help.  Probably still have to renew his licence for him even though he’s ww2 active service and a gold card holder!

cheers

He won’t need a fishing licence - pensioners free. 

That is a wonderful thing to do for him bookwa.

I was a Director of Nursing of an aged care facility and had a fisho who was very depressed. I took lots of fishing pics on an iPad to share with him and showed him lots of our raider pics. He loved it and became very excited to reminisce about his fishing days.

I hope you can get him out for a fish and let us know the good news story ;)

Hi Bookwa;

Best place to take the " young fella ' would be to the camping area.

There is grass right to the waters edge and in places no weed.

Just have a wander around and pick a spot.

Really , I think when you put a rod in his hand he will lose 40 years!!:lol:

Go for it , well done to you and best of luck to the " young bloke."

Cheers.

Oldfella.

Thanks Donna—. Much appreciated.  Just need someone now with local knowledge and we’re up and running. Sending a photo of Jacko — my best mate— as we had lunch yesterday in The Dugout at the home.  Not bad for 95,!  He had the schooner of V B and I had the softie.

cheers

46FC6E55-92CB-4D71-B3CB-38A5F999A087.jpeg

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, bookwa said:

Thanks Donna—. Much appreciated.  Just need someone now with local knowledge and we’re up and running. Sending a photo of Jacko — my best mate— as we had lunch yesterday in The Dugout at the home.  Not bad for 95,!  He had the schooner of V B and I had the softie.

cheers

46FC6E55-92CB-4D71-B3CB-38A5F999A087.jpeg

Oh god love him. He looks fantastic!

Hey mate I'm pretty sure Wimbledon avenue has a car park pretty close to the waters edge from memory been a while since I was there it was at night too, hope this helps! Good luck bud all the best! 

Hi Mutch;

Was thinking along the lines of Wimbeldon Avenue myself.

But remembered that there is about a half metre step from the parking area to the waters edge.

Also the parking area itself is a bit uneven.

That's why I went for the camping area.

Cannot have the " Lad" missing his footing.

Gees , if he tweaked an ankle or knee it would take a few schooners of VB for internal therapy to fix it !!!:beersmile::1yikes:

Cheers.

Roger