Hey guys I'm looking into getting a tinny for fishing and almost everything in this plan seems very possible except for one thing: storage. So, the kind of boat I'm looking into is a very small tinny or even a kitted out rowboat and the plan will be to have the boat moored somewhere and the turn up with an esky, rods and a small clip-on electric motor. The problem is I have got no Idea where to leave it and I don't exactly want to redecorate my backyard with a tinny or shell out heaps of money on some boat storage facility. Is there a free storage place somewhere? Can I just leave it tied up to some tree on a little beach? Any advice would be much appreciated. BTW I live around lane cove/hunters hill/Gladesville

I leave my little dingy tied up to a mangrove. This is on the Central Coast. No-one has ever interfered with it- but technically it is illegal.

ive also had another dingy pulled up onto the creek side reserve at Patonga for about 6 years. I don’t know the legal position there but there are dozens of dingys and small tinnies pulled up there. We are told that every now and then the council does a blitz and removes the abandoned ones but I haven’t seen it yet. Again, no one has touched it.

Some are chained to trees, most are not.

At Pretty Beach and Hardys Bay there are informally designated areas where the yachties pull their tenders up. Some even keep their motors on so I guess it’s reasonbly safe.

my boats are really worth nothing, but many of the tinnies at Patonga are the real deal. 

I know you are talking about Lane Cove which is quite different and much more regulation-bound then the Central Coast, but you could look for some similar hauling out spot. Keep the value of the boat low, and chain it up, and I think it would be a risk worth taking because the reward is to be able to just flip the boat over, push out and go, which is great.

im currently looking for a really low-end or freebie tinny to drop at Hardy’s Bay for this coming summer - something that will take a bigger motor then my little mangrove-resident dingy. Something that if it gets stolen won’t break my heart.

cheers

V.

• Thanks 1