Central coast beach fishing

sam bros

Headed off to central coast the other day armed with some pillies and squid.  Was fishing with a mate who had never been beach fishing, so the goal was for him to catch a fish. Conditions were forecasted to be pretty ideal for fishing. 

Headed to my usual beach, got there at 7pm. Managed to find a gutter. Rigged up and casted out.

Conditions were not the best here with a lot of side current, making it impossible to hold the bait. After about 20 mins and we decided to move to a more sheltered beach about 15 mins away.

Got there and conditions were alot better here. Casted out  and after 5 mins, hooked up but the fish spat the hooks.

Rebaited and almost instantly hooked up, gave the rod to my mate to fight the fish. We were using relatively light line and after a 10 min battle we got it to on the beach. His first aussie salmon going 65cm

Ended up landing a few more salmon and one tailor. Pillies barely got touched and most of the fish were caught on squid strips.

Was going to throw out a slab bait for a jewie but I didnt bring my jewie gear with me.

All the fish were released except for one salmon which was kept for a feed

Screenshot_20180725-102119_Messenger.jpg

• Like 3

On 7/25/2018 at 10:28 AM, masterfisho7 said:

Well done nice report

Thanks mate

On 7/25/2018 at 10:39 AM, Fishing.Hooked said:

Thanks for sharing!

Nice report and super wicked of you for letting your mate bring in his first fish, hopefully he enjoys it and has some story's of his own to share soon.

Regards,
Micheal

aka. Fishing.Hooked

Thanks mate, he was stoked. He usually catches small fish like yakka and bream. 

This was his first big fish

On 7/25/2018 at 12:14 PM, ARC H said:

Nice Plenty of salmon on the coast at the moment 

Yeah there is alot of salmon about at the moment

On 7/25/2018 at 1:12 PM, LuckyFil said:

Sounds like a fun session. Good on ya for teaching your mate to beach fish and having caught a few willing sambos should have him hooked!

Yep, he is definetly hooked and asking me to take him out again

• Like 1