Windy days

NBFisho

Gday Raiders.

I was planning a fish tomorrow morning but the winds picked up. I've never really fished when windy as I don't enjoy it.

Having said that, does anyone still get a lot of success on a windy day?

Thanks Guys and Gals

Mark

While the strong westerly winds blow, if you're a rock fisho it is always good fishing underneath the big cliffs of Sydney's coast as you can get onto the lowest ledges while the sea is still flat. Just be aware of not fishing directly under a straight-down part as things often get blown over the top. Also beware the massive "roll-back" swell when the wind abates

• Like 1

Whether its fishing or some other pursuit you enjoy sometimes if you know the weather isn't going to play its part you just have to grin & bare it OR plan something else & find something else to do instead.

Spending the time in getting the gear ready, travelling, fuel etc to come home deflated & frustrated by not catching anything in my eyes is fine as long as the day has been nice with enjoyable weather.

I find fishing by boat in my small tinny(even with sea anchor) when the wind is at or over 20nkt not very enjoyable at all but you could find a spot land based out of the wind?

Doesn't mean there will be any fish there though!

Sometimes its better just to sleep in & tinker in the garage imo, or if your trying to get away from the missus then still say your going fishing & go look at some tackle, go to Bunnings or catch up with some mates ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, kingie chaser said:

Sometimes its better just to sleep in & tinker in the garage imo, or if your trying to get away from the missus then still say your going fishing & go look at some tackle, go to Bunnings or catch up with some mates ?

hahaha.. does getting pissed whilst watching the Wallabies get smashed count..?

Thanks Fella's, we all seem to think the same way. Appreciate the feedback.

Mark

When it is very windy, I tend to find other things to do. However, as said earlier, there are times when you can fish the rocks with a strong westerly behind you and the sea’s nice and flat. Also, there are times on a trout lake where the lee shore is where the fish will be because the bait (insects, mudeyes, gudgeons etc.) gets blown up against that shore. If you can put up with the wind and manage to cast into it, you can get some good results. Recommend land based, not in a small boat or canoe.

3 hours ago, kingie chaser said:

Nice Fab, I take it this is just the appetizer ??

Yep,the rest of the cow comes later.Its just too bloody windy and cold for this chicken to go out fishing in.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, frankS said:

Wow Fab you sure know how to get the juices flowing. When do I get an invite to the next windy day's feast ?.

Frank

Youll have to join the que mate as eveytime i have a bbq everyone seams to flock round to my place like seagulls to a chip and clean me out.?

Haven't had any complaints thus far on the taste.

1 hour ago, Fab1 said:

Youll have to join the que mate as eveytime i have a bbq everyone seams to flock round to my place like seagulls to a chip and clean me out.?

Haven't had any complaints thus far on the taste.

Nor should you have any complaints Fab 1 serving up meals like that. YUM. bn