Flathead wings.

Billmack

They go pretty damn nice,

My mate showed me a sort of asian way of cooking them, mix lemon, hoi sin sauce, chilli sauce, sliced chilli and soy all in a bowl/plate, cover the wings in it, then chuck them in vege oil on the pan, the flavour is amazing, makes them taste like a chicken wing. the hoi sin and soy sauce makes it almost like a terriyaki flavour with the little kick of chilli. tastes dam good,

Also i recommend using the pre-made fish batter or the salt & pepper mix, comes in a yellow packet at coles.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 8:21 AM, Squ!rt said:

They go pretty damn nice,

My mate showed me a sort of asian way of cooking them, mix lemon, hoi sin sauce, chilli sauce, sliced chilli and soy all in a bowl/plate, cover the wings in it, then chuck them in vege oil on the pan, the flavour is amazing, makes them taste like a chicken wing. the hoi sin and soy sauce makes it almost like a terriyaki flavour with the little kick of chilli. tastes dam good,

Also i recommend using the pre-made fish batter or the salt & pepper mix, comes in a yellow packet at coles.

Man I am going to try this one sounds great to me flathead are one of the best eating fish

9 hours ago, kingie chaser said:

Fish wings & cheeks are great to eat, nice & gelatinous.:biggrinthumb:

I like simple & easy, but there are many ways to use the same ingredient. 

All the fry type of mixes are great for a snack type of meal but these 2 pieces are something to treat like beef cheek & pork belly.

Who here likes the idea of a similar thing to an English pork pie but filled with poached fish wing & cheek meat? 

Not all seafood has to be fired imo , love steamed, or poached in a court bullion ☺️

Edited by kingie chaser