Bate Bay

Yowie

Headed out around sunrise. Around Jibbon Point there were a few waves crashing over the rocks, so it looked a bit fishy. Threw out a small metal and hooked a just legal tailor, would be good for bait. Some more casts over the next 15 minutes produced 3 more small tailor, obviously no bigger ones in the school, so the tailor were now going to be dinner in a recipe I have. No fish jumping at all, it was just blind casting towards the rocks to keep away from the waves.

Headed out into Bate Bay, and after a bit of moving about, found the flatties. Again like last week not big, but no undersized ones today (some were just over the limit). Wind not too bad for a while on the drift. A bit of swell from the S/E. A few feeds for mum and the gang, and myself and family.

Later on had a swim at Wanda Beach, frigging cold water around 16 degrees - had to make sure my jatz crackers had not fallen off. :lol: Some good waves in the surf.fish.jpeg_159.thumb.png.c9130ddc2686fe439ceed408f9e55cb3.png

• Like 6

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 6:58 PM, GoingFishing said:

Nice bag yowie. What depth (approx, as i know u dont have a sounder ) are you catching them.

May be around the 30 metre mark. Some times they will be in shallower water, also find a few a bit deeper.

A few weeks ago, I found them in 10 to 15 metres of water near the mouth of Port Hacking, only a few and not too big at that. Still they were legal.