Squid on the bite

Pickles

I’ve been out three times in the past week and each time I’ve got good squid, both in size and number.

last trip (Saturday) 9 were boated, 2 annoyingly lost with lures returning with bits of the candle attached (need to be more gentle in future).

They appear to have moved off the deeper sea grass beds and into the shallower kelp and there are a few “Crakens”amongst them, but also some little ones. A month ago there were quite a few little cuttlefish coming in also, but haven’t got any in the past 4 trips.

WARNING - one of my buddies was squidding over near the “Toilet rolls” ( big white circular appartments in Many bay) and was issued a fine. This is / was an excellent squid ground, but not worth it.

Nearly every time I go out on Sydney harbour I am checked by Fisheries, Maritime or water police - I am always compliant and have always found the services polite and positsive, but they are very vigilant.

Pickles

79DC8D33-B64E-4150-94FD-29C370CFBEAA.jpeg

0AD3F25A-1A98-42C6-8CAA-4D9319448858.jpeg

• Like 5

On 9/30/2018 at 7:48 AM, Pickles said:

I’ve been out three times in the past week and each time I’ve got good squid, both in size and number.

last trip (Saturday) 9 were boated, 2 annoyingly lost with lures returning with bits of the candle attached (need to be more gentle in future).

They appear to have moved off the deeper sea grass beds and into the shallower kelp and there are a few “Crakens”amongst them, but also some little ones. A month ago there were quite a few little cuttlefish coming in also, but haven’t got any in the past 4 trips.

WARNING - one of my buddies was squidding over near the “Toilet rolls” ( big white circular appartments in Many bay) and was issued a fine. This is / was an excellent squid ground, but not worth it.

Nearly every time I go out on Sydney harbour I am checked by Fisheries, Maritime or water police - I am always compliant and have always found the services polite and positsive, but they are very vigilant.

Pickles

79DC8D33-B64E-4150-94FD-29C370CFBEAA.jpeg

0AD3F25A-1A98-42C6-8CAA-4D9319448858.jpeg

Think your mate was in the North Harbour aquatic reserve.

https://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0006/633570/North-Harbour_web.PDF