Fishing South Of The Hacking

kane

Stillrockin- We were only bitten off twice. So they aren't as bad as what we recently had.

Rob- Not that far aye- lets just say it wasn't as far as Garie. Couldn't miss them every bait i would hook a fish

I have been eating like a king. Not much better then Flathead tails

Kane

They were pretty close by but the ground we came up on they weren't fishing. I am probably thinking that everyone did farely well on that day.. Round two is this sunday and we will be chasing kings.

I will let you know how i go

Kane

Chin up Tiger and keep the reports coming.

Dunno why but whenever someone has a cracker day on the water and posts a pic displaying a sizeable yet legal bag there is always subtle (and sometimes not so subtle) posts inferring that the humble rec fisherman is raping the environment. I am going out on a limb here - lets abide by the site rules (#14 especially) and also bathe in other peoples' glory. Kane, you've had a great day and as I said before, I am jealous.

I can see where djmac is coming from.

Telco, I don't have a problem with people catching their bag limit, but 22 flathead between two people is 2 fish more than the limit. 10 flathead per person is the bag limit for NSW waters, am I wrong there?

I believe that rule 2 of the site stipulates "No posts with illegal activity....exceeding bag limits"

Kane, if there were more than two people in your boat then your catch is perfectly fine. However, if there wasn't then this sort of thing can bring the site, and it's members into disrepute. What do you think will happen if someone from Fisheries sees that post?

My two cents worth.

Shane

:1fishing1:

I can see where djmac is coming from.

Telco, I don't have a problem with people catching their bag limit, but 22 flathead between two people is 2 fish more than the limit. 10 flathead per person is the bag limit for NSW waters, am I wrong there?

I believe that rule 2 of the site stipulates "No posts with illegal activity....exceeding bag limits"

Kane, if there were more than two people in your boat then your catch is perfectly fine. However, if there wasn't then this sort of thing can bring the site, and it's members into disrepute. What do you think will happen if someone from Fisheries sees that post?

My two cents worth.

Shane

Not picking any sides here...

I thought it was 20 in total, so I had a look at the fisheries site and that threw me a little...

http://www.fisheries.nsw.gov.au/recreation...er/bag_and_size

its a bit confusing on the site as it says on the top of the page

"There are five bag limit categories - zero, two, five, 10 or 20 fish per angler"

then it says in relation to flatties further down the page... 20 in total.

So does this mean 20 in total per fisherman.. or twenty in total for the boat?

(Anyone else a bit thrown by this.. or am i just dumber than normal today)

Either way.. I dont think i have to worry about catching 20 flatties in a hurry as my Freezer aint that big and I can eat that many.

But flattie tails, lemon pepper seasoning and a ice cold beer....

Life just doesn't get any better does it!!!!

I may be wrong and I may have just assumed the species.

I may be wrong as well, but it's better to talk it through and find out. I'm sure nobody wants a fisheries officer to clarify the point for them out on the water. I don't know enough about identifying different species of flathead to say whether they're duskies or sand flathead. From what I've read, duskies can look a very sandy pale colour when they've been sitting over a sand bottom. Can anyone confirm what species of flathead they are?

Not picking any sides here...

So does this mean 20 in total per fisherman.. or twenty in total for the boat?

There's no sides here Coach. As recreational fisherman we are all on the same team.

For all other species of flathead, other than duskies, the bag limit is 20 per person in total, not 20 per boat. If these are sand flathead, then two people combined are allowed to take up to 40 sand flathead in a day, which would make the caputure above a legal one.

Shane

Here we go again.

A perfectly legal capture and the dogooders have to get their ten cents worth. Get your facts straight too. If you can't distinguish a Dusky from other Flathead species maybe you should withhold your ill informed comments.

As for the site rules, How about this one djmac you clown:

14. No criticism of legal catches and/or inappropriate imposing of C&R views in fishing reports

This is a personal comment, obviously not that of a moderator any more!

If this post has cause this much up roar it will be my last as well pointed out by a few of you there are two types of flathead there one is sand flathead and tiger flathead. Some people should look and think before they speak.

Kind Regards,

And thankyou to all the people who Knew what they were looking at

Kane

Kane, I would like to offer my apologies for my initial knee jerk reaction to your report. As I pointed out earlier I may be wrong, and as it turns out I am indeed wrong.

I have fairly conservative views with regards to fish/catch sizes but, in keeping with the site rules, I should be keeping them to myself.

I will not be posting anything on fish/catch sizes in future.

Once again, I offer my apologies to Kane, and anyone else who may have taken offence to my posts.

Shane

Edited by madsmc

If this post has cause this much up roar it will be my last as well pointed out by a few of you there are two types of flathead there one is sand flathead and tiger flathead. Some people should look and think before they speak.

Kind Regards,

And thankyou to all the people who Knew what they were looking at

Kane

Kane,

don't go champ. Rise above it. Shane has been man enough to apologise.

There has already been too much shit go down here in the last couple of weeks.

Cheers

Pete

Well said Pete and Iain.

Good for you Shane in admitting you were wrong, not many of us maybe do it enough.

Many of us sound as if we are suffering from the end of year “I need a holiday break syndrome” Christmas is not far off and its fishing time big time. A drink or two some family time will hopefully put the smiles back on our faces.

Hang in there Kane, just a temporary glich mate.

Cheers guys

Yeah Kane stick with us mate

There's something about flatties that tend to stir people up, I know I tend to get annoyed when I see posts of big breeders and I can see where Shane is coming from but hey he made a blue and was big enough to admit it.

It's a great site here mate so stick with us.