Port Hacking Night fish 30/12/18

skullyboy05

While I'm not a big poster of questions, I enjoy the topics being discussed. Plus i'm not much chop as a fisho :/

Anyway last night I was fishing off Lilli Pilli around 9-930pm. I only caught 1 legal bream and a couple of tiny ones and one of those prized seaweedfish. The rig was a hi-lo with prawns on size 1 longshank hooks.

Late in the session I ran out a whole pilchard on a 20lb leader with a snelled rig of two 5/0 baitholders. With the pilchards on I noticed that I had been getting a solid take but the on the reel in half the pilchard was gone along with the bottom hook. Any ideas on what it might have been? Is there a need for me to take some stronger gear with me and try again or was it maybe a once off.

4 hours ago, skullyboy05 said:

Any ideas on what it might have been? Is there a need for me to take some stronger gear with me and try again or was it maybe a once off.

You have anything roaming those waterways from small mullet to kingfish to bull sharks.

What took it?

Something bigger than you anticipated.

if our targeting something like bream or flathead then it sounds like you had it covered. 

Edited by kingie chaser