Crab traps in Berowra Creek

fredflathead

Please tell me if I have it correct.

You can trap crabs with traps or witches hats in the Berowra Creek during the week and not of a weekend.

I launch my boat at Berowra and only fish during the week so  would like to try the traps. Hoping during the week there is less chance of people stealing them.

Thanks Norm

22 hours ago, Rebel said:

Hi,

According to the DPI you are right. Good crabbing.

Cheere.

According to the DPI you are wrong. Weekend restrictions are only in Patonga Creek and Mooney Mooney Creek (upstream of Old Pacific Highway). There are no restrictions on the use of crab traps in Berowra Creek at all. Refer to the link by kingie chaser 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rebel said:

Hi Seasponge,

I read the report where does it say Berowra Creek. Kingie chaser's report doesn't mention Berowra Creek. That is an old report, it has been updated since that one.

Cheers.

Rebel I read it too and cannot find Berowra Creek. Tried to ring DFI fisheries and can only leave messages.

• Like 1

The page that is linked is for all fishing restrictions. The fact that Berowra Creek is not mentioned means there are no restrictions there. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's how I interpret it. I'd comfortably put traps in Berowra Creek and not be concernsled about fisheries.

25 minutes ago, PaddyT said:

Berowra is fine for crap traps and witches hats 7 days a week- go for it

Paddy,

I'm confused as I'm reading

Berowra Creek (Figure 3). The whole of the waters of Berowra Creek (also known as Berowra Waters), its creeks, tributaries and inlets, upstream (south) of a line drawn from the most north-eastern extremity of the southern entry of Marra Marra Creek, to the most south-western extremity of Morgans Point are closed to any method involving the use of a hoop or lift net. Applies from 6 pm Friday to 6 pm Sunday in each week, or from 6 pm Friday to 6 pm Monday where Monday is a Public Holiday. 

46 minutes ago, Sea Ranger said:

6 minutes ago, Sea Ranger said:

Paddy,

I'm confused as I'm reading

Berowra Creek (Figure 3). The whole of the waters of Berowra Creek (also known as Berowra Waters), its creeks, tributaries and inlets, upstream (south) of a line drawn from the most north-eastern extremity of the southern entry of Marra Marra Creek, to the most south-western extremity of Morgans Point are closed to any method involving the use of a hoop or lift net. Applies from 6 pm Friday to 6 pm Sunday in each week, or from 6 pm Friday to 6 pm Monday where Monday is a Public Holiday. 

Sea Ranger that is the piece I was looking for and had read. I agree the DPI sight is hard to read think I will be right through the week. Thanks to all the replies Norm

• Like 1

14 hours ago, fredflathead said:

Rebel I read it too and cannot find Berowra Creek. Tried to ring DFI fisheries and can only leave messages.

So did you leave a message?

I would have, just to create a record of the call!

I agree that they do not make it easy to find some info & then you have to decipher it.

And then is a publication from October 2014 even still valid, that's the question & that's what I would be asking them!

I really like forums, I actually used to be an administrator of one, they are great for making friends & letting each other know about their experiences BUT when it comes to legal issues anything that doesn't come direct from the horses mouth(or the NSW DPI in this case) is just hear say!!

Fred, just for your own sake keep at them(DPI) and get a proper answer & at minimum have the persons name & job title on record so if you are pulled up you have something to give the fisheries officer over 'but the guys on the forum told me.....'

Patty, I put that link up on post#4.

Is Berowra creek mentioned, well I don't know but its not up to me to check or to comment.

I was merely providing information that is readily available to everyone.

Like I was eluding to on my last post, the onus is on the person doing the crabbing to ensure they have the right info!

Ok lovely lady from DPI is looking for us and will send me an email when she clarifies it with others.  She is going to check the legislation as well.   She was not sure as she could see the closure but did not see it listed on the current website.  I did comment that a simple guide would be much appreciated lol

Bear

Edited by Sea Ranger