Crab traps in Berowra Creek

fredflathead

Firstly, my apologies to Rebel  for saying you were wrong.

Secondly, and more importantly, that is absolutely ridiculous that the dpi website does not hold the latest information!! This is 2019. If we can't go the website of the governing authority and get the latest up to date information, how are we meant to know what is allowed or not. I live and fish in the area and set crab traps. I have on previous occasions corrected people with what i thought was the latest information based on the dpi website. Ive held my fiahing licemse for the last 5 yrs, recieve updates from dpi and i had no idea of this restriction.

16 hours ago, seasponge said:

Firstly, my apologies to Rebel  for saying you were wrong.

Secondly, and more importantly, that is absolutely ridiculous that the dpi website does not hold the latest information!! This is 2019. If we can't go the website of the governing authority and get the latest up to date information, how are we meant to know what is allowed or not. I live and fish in the area and set crab traps. I have on previous occasions corrected people with what i thought was the latest information based on the dpi website. Ive held my fiahing licemse for the last 5 yrs, recieve updates from dpi and i had no idea of this restriction.

They aren't the best at communicating but what do you expect from a government dept!

My thoughts are if you hold at least an annual licence then you should be required to submit your email address & changes to any fishing in this state should be sent out.

I get frequent emails from the game licencing unit(hunting) on foesft closures, changes to regs etc which is a branch of the DPI so I don't know why the fisheries dept cant do it!

Good to hear its sorted 👍

Edited by kingie chaser

To be skeptical, I'm not convinced that it is sorted! The advice Rebel got refers to a DPI update from 15th August 2017. The bottom of the DPI fishing closures page also refers you to the following page for more detailed local information https://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0008/614708/Recreational-Fishing-Guide-Central-Coast.pdf   

This link is a DPI local guide for Hawkesbury and Central Coast, issued on August 2017, possibly correlating to the update refer to by DPI. This updated local guide mentions nothing about Berowra. 

1 hour ago, seasponge said:

To be skeptical, I'm not convinced that it is sorted! The advice Rebel got refers to a DPI update from 15th August 2017. The bottom of the DPI fishing closures page also refers you to the following page for more detailed local information https://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0008/614708/Recreational-Fishing-Guide-Central-Coast.pdf   

This link is a DPI local guide for Hawkesbury and Central Coast, issued on August 2017, possibly correlating to the update refer to by DPI. This updated local guide mentions nothing about Berowra. 

100% as i said before print out a copy of this, laminate and keep it on your boat and go crabbing, DPI are all over the shop and if you have a look at the current scandal as to where our permit money is going (90% to "green" projects and to general revenue) they are as credible as Clive Palmer! Some how I doubt that if it ended up in court and you showed them the latest info date 2017 vs the 2014 info off an old link you would have a problem. 

16 hours ago, Rebel said:

Hi All,

Spoke to the DPI. NO Netting on weekends or public holidays  in Berowra Creek as from DPI update 15.08 2017.

Sea Ranger got it right.

When in doubt go to the source.

Cheers.

Did you get that in writing?

Hi,

Check it out like I did. 

To Everyone. The rule is there. I spent a lot of time helping out a fellow Raider.

I must admit it took a lot of time to find it.

Sea Ranger has updated the rule. Read it

NO I didn't get it in writing, I didn't have to.

Cheers.