Minnie Water at Easter 2019

Fish_More

Hi all

Just booked a holiday at Minnie Water for Easter this year and the week after.  Can't wait!!!

If anybody is going to be in the area, let me know and happy to head out together one day for safety in numbers.  Going to have first go at beach launhing in the lagoon at Minnie as will have somebody to help me.

Have read a few threads on here about where to give a crack including North West Rock.

Happy to take any tips on beach launching or areas to fish around Minnie.  Going to be taking my boat for outside and my Dad is bringing his tinnie down for fishing in the river at Wooli if the wind is up.

Do any of you use Maxtrax (or similar) for beach launching and do you find it makes a difference?

Mark 

• 4 weeks later...

I'll be heading up there around the 12th of may for a while great spot been heading up for about 10 years now but haven't been the last couple of trips. we've gotten bogged on the beach the first couple of times with retrieval,  but an extended draw bar can help alot, maxtrax, electric winch etc. 

Thanks Spud4.  Thinking of getting some maxtrax rip offs.  My wife has also decided to go to Brisbane the week before Easter.  She is most likely going to take our Patrol and then come south to Minnie to meet me.  Therefore we will have 2 vehicles there.  The Prado plus the Patrol to act as a Toyota recovery vehicle (won't be the first time).

Key to retrieving at minnie is speed  back trailer down  drive on or wind on as fast aspossible jump in car get out quik   longer u r there more u will sink   ive seen guys take ten mins to get boat on trailer then cant move  remove boat save trailer start again  quite humorous when its not you lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Talking to my wife’s uncle who has put his boat in a few times at Minnie, his advice was go backwards a tiny bit before you start to go forward to pull the boat out.  I assume it is to get the wheels out of the whole to the extent they have sunk.

I know I should not be bothering to look this far out but I can’t help myself.  The forecast for Minnie for Easter weekend is fluctuating a fair bit.  Current is what Buoyweather has now, but this morning Saturday was 3.9m waves and was starting to think about leaving the boat at home!

A7E1041E-DA9B-4C31-82BC-ACC24DF94C0C.png

Edited by Fish_More
Spelling

2 hours ago, Fish_More said:

Buoyweather has now, but this morning Saturday was 3.9m waves and was starting to think about leaving the boat at home!

I’d be waiting till the last minute before deciding whether or not to take the boat, the forecast will be a lot more reliable closer to your trip, even a couple of good days fishing is better than regretting you had the boat with you 

Agreed,  Realistically, the chance I don't take the boat is about a million to one.  Imagine how I would feel if I got up there and the forecast changed to perfect and I did not have the boat with me.  About the only thing certain about weather forecasts is they are not 100% correct.

On that note, next weekend is not looking too bad....

• 1 year later...

Hi all, I saw a bloke 2 days ago need to get winched out after connecting his boat on the trailer in Minnie bay attempting to get out of the water on an incoming tide.   His 4WD started sinking and the Double axle trailer wasn’t moving within 5 mins but the sand was wet as it’s been raining.  I’d definitely use some form of trax on your tires etc.

The sand should be harder if wet from rain  but next to the actual water will sink in it    when tide is really full and swell coming over front rocks  we generally beach boat then drag it 10 or 15ft to get clear of water   we have heavy rope or strap on trailer for this   once clear we wind trailer under boat

Edited by rickmarlin62