Broken Bay FAD, Terrigal FAD 28/2/19

Fishy Firey

Hi all, time for a second post, here goes...

5am launch out of Parsley Bay, headed to West Head bait grounds, but the schools there were really on edge, I’m guessing the Kingies were probably about. Found livies at the Valiant wreck and headed for the BB Fad...

Trolled mixed skirts from about the 50m mark to the fad, or at least where the fad was last week! Has it dragged or is it gone, does anyone know?

So no Fad there, lures back in the water, and off to the Terrigal Fad. Following (roughly) the 100m contour. About 2/3 of the way there the Striped Tuna (Skipjack) started belting the lures and I iced a couple of 7ish kg modles for sushimi and retuned another dozen to fight again. 

Arrived at the T Fad to find a sizeable but courteous crowd and when I got my chance threw a 30g jig on 20lb leader looking for a nice dolly, instead it’s another tuna, although a lot more challenging on the light stuff instead of the game rods.

Trolled home with no (marlin) luck. the water was 27 almost back to Broken Bay, where there were huge schools of slimies and yakkas at the colour and temp break only 2km or so out.

36 trolling hours this season, no beakie fish, but I’m still lovin it😀

And remember if you’re heading out, log in with Marine Resce, it’s a BIG ocean out there👍

• Like 6

I reckon the chances are good it was me, if you’re talking about the skinny bloke in an I-fish cap with an esky full of sashimi 👍 

and thanks Welster for the Fad info

Edited by Fishy Firey
Auto correct issues