Murramarang Family Getaway

T_Bert83

We arrived at Murramarang Resort just after lunch Friday afternoon and as the kids had a swim I chatted to an old fella who had been fishing there over the last few days catching a decent Gummy Shark and a few nice bream. On hearing that it was time for a fish.

We fished the late afternoon high tide and landed 3 salmon on pilchards before calling it a night.

EDDF2116-A194-4160-B526-26EDA49C8BF7.thumb.jpeg.93880f6bdd2ebda0066c717c6125c466.jpeg

Saturday morning was a sleep in for me which I regretted when woken up by @jmk086 showing off 3 quality squid. The rest of the day was spent with the kids fishing and swimming landing a few small flathead, trevally  and some little stingrays.

We fished the evening high tide again but unfortunately the fish didn't play the game and didn't land a fish.

Sunday morning was an early start as I wasn't missing out on the squid action again. We managed a couple of squid for the session and I got bitten off when casting a metal slug to fish busting on the surface near our rock ledge. More fishing with the kids throughout the day for more little flathead and rays.

0CA6738F-D20C-4537-8B1A-449361BAE892.thumb.jpeg.f832ee80cef6ebc9bcea582fc514fae5.jpeg

Overall nothing too exciting but enough to keep the kids entertained.

Cheers, Trav 

Edited by T_Bert83
  • Like 6

It's a great spot, infact I did the resorts photographic advertising, so know all the accomodation very well. Big snapper can be had off the rocks and just out the front on yaks. 

We scored some great weather @Blackfish even when it rained it wasn’t cold. I love that photo Jake was pretty excited about his flathead. 

Thanks @masterfisho7 yeah it was a great trip. 

Cheers @Scratchie kids absolutely loved it. Already organising a return trip. 

Spot on @GoingFishing such a good place nice safe beach for kids to swim while we fished and had a few beers and a yarn. 

@JonD sure is a great spot mate couldn’t recommend it enough for anyone wanting a family getaway. So good having everything you need so close to a beach you can swim/ fish safely with young kids. With good options for a serious fish close by if you get the chance. I did hear there were some decent fish to be had close by so hopefully next trip I might get to have more of a look around 👍

• Like 1

great family holiday had a blast. wish you were up early the first morning when it was overcast for squid though haha. next time hopefully the fish are bit more friendly it was the quietest I have seen the fishing there but still had unreal family time bro we deff doing it again!!! 

• Like 1

On 4/5/2019 at 2:40 AM, T_Bert83 said:

We arrived at Murramarang Resort just after lunch Friday afternoon and as the kids had a swim I chatted to an old fella who had been fishing there over the last few days catching a decent Gummy Shark and a few nice bream. On hearing that it was time for a fish.

We fished the late afternoon high tide and landed 3 salmon on pilchards before calling it a night.

EDDF2116-A194-4160-B526-26EDA49C8BF7.thumb.jpeg.93880f6bdd2ebda0066c717c6125c466.jpeg

Saturday morning was a sleep in for me which I regretted when woken up by @jmk086 showing off 3 quality squid. The rest of the day was spent with the kids fishing and swimming landing a few small flathead, trevally  and some little stingrays.

We fished the evening high tide again but unfortunately the fish didn't play the game and didn't land a fish.

Sunday morning was an early start as I wasn't missing out on the squid action again. We managed a couple of squid for the session and I got bitten off when casting a metal slug to fish busting on the surface near our rock ledge. More fishing with the kids throughout the day for more little flathead and rays.

0CA6738F-D20C-4537-8B1A-449361BAE892.thumb.jpeg.f832ee80cef6ebc9bcea582fc514fae5.jpeg

Overall nothing too exciting but enough to keep the kids entertained.

Cheers, Trav 

Travelling. Not sure how long your staying there but out the front beach in front of cabins right down in the southern corner there is a gutter that runs sort of towards the top island. 

Late afternoon dusk into early evening the best time.  

We have over the years caught some good reddies off Wasp Head. 

I just had two weeks down there with my boat.  Worst fishing I have had there for many years.  A least there are still tons of flathead in bay area to feed the gang.