No joy squiding but a bonus for snapper

61 crusher

Went out yesterday morning & this morning for one good squid hooked in the candle yesterday & dropped off before I had a chance to grab it, this morning I had two takes from what I assume was a large cuttlefish but the barbs didn’t hold (heavy weight with minor movement) the bonus came while chatting to a spearo who had bagged a nice blackfish, salmon & 90cm cuttlefish, he kindly offered me a couple of legs & candle for bait, hopefully perfect bait for the P.S snapper get together in a couple of weeks B017AD79-D5F6-4C93-A60C-34A879CDBD02.thumb.jpeg.bcffa245a876d446926d45eeaaed53d2.jpeg

also saw a 2 1/2m grey nurse  shark break the surface about 3m from me

• Like 4

Hey mate. Nice to meet you at Avoca the other day. I didn’t manage to catch anything that day.

I went for a squid this evening from 4.30 to 6.30 on the north side where I told you I get them. I got 3 decent sized squid and on my last cast got a big cuttlefish. Luckily I had my 9 year old son with me to net the cuttlefish otherwise I wouldn’t have landed the big fella.

Cheers,

Phil 

2 hours ago, Scratchie said:

Good stuff mate! That’s the spirit. Preparation

Now just bring the good weather with you! 

Cheers scratchie!!!

Thanks for that scratchie I’ve even borrowed a pie warmer from a buddy for the weekend. Mate I wish I had a direct line to the “man”, I’d be asking for a fine weekend with a hint of a breeze 😀👍🤞in the right direction of course 

cheers Dieter   ( can’t wait!!!)😁

Edited by 61 crusher

19 hours ago, Central Coast Fisherman said:

Hey mate. Nice to meet you at Avoca the other day. I didn’t manage to catch anything that day.

I went for a squid this evening from 4.30 to 6.30 on the north side where I told you I get them. I got 3 decent sized squid and on my last cast got a big cuttlefish. Luckily I had my 9 year old son with me to net the cuttlefish otherwise I wouldn’t have landed the big fella.

Cheers,

Phil 

Bummer about not catching any fish but good on you for being true to your word & taking your young bloke out squiding, bet his eyes lit up when he saw the size of that cuttlefish, Good team effort, I wonder if that was the one harassing me on Monday near the L.F.B , it was good to meet you, & Jayden speaks highly of you. By the way have you fished north Copa, about 3 weeks ago in the morning I saw some good sized marks in 20 to 25m of water on the sounder while trolling past  60 to 80m off the point on the sand, reckon they might’ve been snapper as when I doubled back & dropped some fresh squid down they were gone

cheers Dieter