What to look for good riding boat

Squidhead87

46 minutes ago, JonD said:

I bought a 4.75 millennium hull, my idea of soft riding and stable is obviously not quite the same as yours 😊 Bought it new, sold it six months later. 

Oops, going off topic again...

But.

It does depend on what type of conditions you want to go out in... I'm starting to think a lot of you guys fish in some ugly oceans, seas.

Guest Guest123456789
12 hours ago, JonD said:

I bought a 4.75 millennium hull, my idea of soft riding and stable is obviously not quite the same as yours 😊 Bought it new, sold it six months later. 

What year did you buy it Jon? Was it a millennium hull or a millennium blade hull.

ive never looked at the hull shape of a rubber ducky fishing boat but I’m guessing the deadrise is quiet low?

7 hours ago, flatheadluke said:

What year did you buy it Jon? Was it a millennium hull or a millennium blade hull.

ive never looked at the hull shape of a rubber ducky fishing boat but I’m guessing the deadrise is quiet low?

It would of been one of the first millennium hulls, not millennium blade. As for dead rise in my duck, its 24 degree. and a hull of just 1.2m wide so pretty soft. I believe the deepest v in the quintrex range is the yellowfin with 19 degrees.

Edited by JonD
  • Like 1

I had a 4.5m Quintrex Lazeabout and upgraded to a 2001 5.6m Quinnie Classic with Millenium hull.  What a huge difference in ride.  I realize that going bigger helped heaps but the new hull shape reduced pounding a lot.  Ron 

• Like 1

On 7/3/2019 at 3:18 PM, JonD said:

It would of been one of the first millennium hulls, not millennium blade. As for dead rise in my duck, its 24 degree. and a hull of just 1.2m wide so pretty soft. I believe the deepest v in the quintrex range is the yellowfin with 19 degrees.

The millennium blade hull is a nice riding hull. Very different than the earlier millennium hulls. It's still a light alloy hull so there is some bang bang especially if your heading offshore.

• Like 1