Keys misplaced

Fab1

Bil misplaced his boat keys and is hunting high and low for them. 

Go me thinking how many of you remove your keys from boat?I've never removed the keys from my boat/s as i don't think a thief is going to drive it away on dry land on it's trailer.

• Like 1

Fab. I'm like you never take the key out of the ignition. I misplaced my car keys a couple of months back, for 2 days I was searching high and low for them, didn't have a spare so needed to have the car towed to a Holden dealer to have another key made which would have been pretty expensive. Ended up finding them after 2 days in a plant pot under the letter box.

Frank

Never taken the keys out of the ignition of any of the boats I've owned for the past 40 years. That way I always know where the key is. I do have a spare key "hidden" on the boat just in case some jerk decides to steal the key.

As you rightly said Fab .....no-one will drive the boat away on dry land 😄

• Like 1

I take my key out as I have the trailer Hitch lock and Wheel lock key on it as well, I also have a spare key at home but I guess not much good if I lose it while away.

I do have a yellow float on both my keys, with kids you just cannot be sure one of them wont drop it over the side.