Sydney Land

antman

gday all.

im pretty recent to this whole fishing sport. iv gotten into it and been goin pretty much at least 1 time a week for about 3 months now. i have no boat and live in the inner west.

i usually fish at entrance of the georges river into Botany Bay. however i have also fished a few other spots in botany bay. (with no luck). The Cooks River (no luck, and would neva eat from that dirty place but at least its close) and under the iron cove bridge.

id be really keen to try some new spots and techniques. wheter it be the beach of rocks, mangroves at low tide, the harbour where ever. i live in newtown and it would be great to get some spots close by and a few techniques in how to fish them.

thanks for all the great storys iv read on the site, and much more to anyone who offers any advise.

cheers Antman

:1welcomeani: to the site mate ide go down to the fishmarkets thats nice and close. Theres heaps of places near there just move around casting at structure, a good tip is to try the storm nippers around the fishmarkets as lots o people throw prawn heads in the water and there the closest SP i can that matches them, good luck.

G'day Antman,

Speak of the devil, I work in Newtown and love fishing at Iron Cove. Im also land based. How bout a fish this week after work. Does Thur / Friday suit? Im going tomorrow if ure interested. Finish work at 6:30pm. 1/2 hour to get to iron cove.

Lemme know as it's better fishing with a buddy.

Paul

G'day Antman,

Speak of the devil, I work in Newtown and love fishing at Iron Cove. Im also land based. How bout a fish this week after work. Does Thur / Friday suit? Im going tomorrow if ure interested. Finish work at 6:30pm. 1/2 hour to get to iron cove.

Paul

Mate, i am also working near Newtown. Can you also let me know if you are going to fish at IC so i can come along for some after work entertainment. i Also have some good Landbase spot at South head.

I love to fish in the harbour, but only weekdays, coz it gets too buzy on weekends.

gday all.

im pretty recent to this whole fishing sport. iv gotten into it and been goin pretty much at least 1 time a week for about 3 months now. i have no boat and live in the inner west.

i usually fish at entrance of the georges river into Botany Bay. however i have also fished a few other spots in botany bay. (with no luck). The Cooks River (no luck, and would neva eat from that dirty place but at least its close) and under the iron cove bridge.

id be really keen to try some new spots and techniques. wheter it be the beach of rocks, mangroves at low tide, the harbour where ever. i live in newtown and it would be great to get some spots close by and a few techniques in how to fish them.

thanks for all the great storys iv read on the site, and much more to anyone who offers any advise.

cheers Antman

theres a good spot behind rozelle hospital.drive down wharf rd off darling st till u get to the water.at the point you will see a submarine cable sign.fish to the left of the sign casting into the middle of the little bay

there .usually a good summer spot for bream ,flattys,whiting,tailor and the occasional school jew.

best fished with a morning high tide .at the top of the tide try between that spot and to your right you will see some rocks leading out to the water good spot for flatties.

good luck might see u down there one morning.

Riceball,

Where bouts are u? Im near the cnr of Wilson and King st, neat the bank hotel. I got the car here and am going for a fish this arvo and Thur. arvo. Today's high tide is 6:30pm so will try for bream.

Thursday HT at 8:05it's gonna be a run in tide. Maybe give Nield park a go at Iron cove.

Today I'll be near the UTS rowers at Iron cove. Let me know as it's always good having company.

Paul

Riceball,

Where bouts are u? Im near the cnr of Wilson and King st, neat the bank hotel. I got the car here and am going for a fish this arvo and Thur. arvo. Today's high tide is 6:30pm so will try for bream.

Thursday HT at 8:05it's gonna be a run in tide. Maybe give Nield park a go at Iron cove.

Today I'll be near the UTS rowers at Iron cove. Let me know as it's always good having company.

Paul

hey, Paul, i am somewhere at Enmore Rd. I am working till late today so i might give it s miss today, but definitly join you on thursday. R you bait fishing or Lure Fishing and what are u targeting for? let me know so i can bring the right gear with me. i am finishing work at 4.30 on thursday.

gday paul and riceball. (not sure if this msg goes to everyone or not)

thanks for the quick reply. still busy this week. often go friday nights.

mabe this friday. just have to see how the work pans out as i have a big weekend with homebake on. take it ezy and would be great to get some tips of you some time

cheers. ant

G'day Antman,

Paul

G'day Riceball,

I finish work at 6pm on Thur (tomorrow.)

Why don't we give the rozelle hospital side a try. How bout we meet at the wharf at Le Montage (the swanky restaurant near city west link bridge) at 6:45pm.

Im Lure fishing but bait works well round that way. Had sucess with bread and chicken fillet.

Paul

post-738-1133317036_thumb.jpg

Paul and Riceball,

Amazing, I never knew 2 raiders worked 5 minutes from my house in Newtown. I live just behind the Enmore Theatre. If you don't mind, I would like to join in your SP session on Thursday night ... my :wife: is heading out with her friends after work so have a obtained a midweek leave pass! :biggrin2:

What say you ?

G'day Riceball,

I finish work at 6pm on Thur (tomorrow.)

Why don't we give the rozelle hospital side a try. How bout we meet at the wharf at Le Montage (the swanky restaurant near city west link bridge) at 6:45pm.

Im Lure fishing but bait works well round that way. Had sucess with bread and chicken fillet.

Paul

try between the submarine cable sign and the rocks that go out into the water .

if i can get out of going christmas shopping tonite

i might see u guys down there.i will be

bait fishing some worms and pillies might be the go.

only problem i see is with all this rain the water might be a bit murky

and too much fresh water down there..

doesnt hurt to try anyway

Can you let me know how you guys went with this meetup session?

I would like to join you guys for future meetings after work. I work in the Ultimo area so not too far off.

Have to get me a real soft plastics rod first, at the moment Im bumming around with fibreglass tip rod. Waiting for the Xmas sale to appear before getting some serious gear.

Hey all,

Sorry to cancel on everyone, got a family dinner that popped up, really sorry. Next time I won't pike out, guarranteed.

And Sinh, love to meet up for afterworkfish. If ure after a sp rod give the Berkley dropshots a go in 2 -4 kg.

They're round the $90 range and have had a good rap. Im using a Strudwick sic stick which was $99 and Im happy with it. People say they break easily but u have to catch a fish for that to happen :1prop:

OK lads, here is my report.

Got to the wharf at 1915hrs. Water was fairly murky from all the fresh but still quite fishable. I fished from the wharf back towards the bridge.

I threw 2 inch grubs for the first hour with no joy excpet for some ravenous toadies. Decided to swap the grub to a 3inch berkley bass minnow in pumpkinseed coulur on a 1/16 jighead. First cast had the minnow hit hard by what felt to a small/medium size bream, but dropped it after a few seconds. Kept getting small hits, until the jig got hit by a good sized whiting, which after a short tussle was landed and measured around 38cm. Soon after sunset the water somewhat came alive with lots of fish (tailor perhaps) chasing baitfish on the surface and the odd big bloop (maybe some more bream). Anyhow, I pulled up stumps at 2030hrs as the mozzies were getting a little ferocious.

OK lads, here is my report.

Got to the wharf at 1915hrs. Water was fairly murky from all the fresh but still quite fishable. I fished from the wharf back towards the bridge.

I threw 2 inch grubs for the first hour with no joy excpet for some ravenous toadies. Decided to swap the grub to a 3inch berkley bass minnow in pumpkinseed coulur on a 1/16 jighead. First cast had the minnow hit hard by what felt to a small/medium size bream, but dropped it after a few seconds. Kept getting small hits, until the jig got hit by a good sized whiting, which after a short tussle was landed and measured around 38cm. Soon after sunset the water somewhat came alive with lots of fish (tailor perhaps) chasing baitfish on the surface and the odd big bloop (maybe some more bream). Anyhow, I pulled up stumps at 2030hrs as the mozzies were getting a little ferocious.

Any chance of you showing the wharf on a www.whereis.com.au map dump? I am not familiar with this area at all.

went for a quick fish sunday night around 6 30 till 730 under the bridge.

was using pilchards for bait. gave them a little flik on the bottom as i pulled them in.

on second cast had my first bite and managed to pull in a dusky. just under 40 cm.

every other cast bait was taken. once had a really big pull. but it spat the bait. think it was a decent sized flathead again because it stayed in the same position. just needed a bigger hook and mabe couldhave pulled it in. but thats the luck of the game. so basically i didnt pull bait in once.

i ended up throwing the fish back. not sure if i trust the area. does anyone eat the fish from there.

antman