Port Stephens fishing

jimg1au

Looking at moving to the port Stephens area and would like to know if my boat would be ok outside fishing around Broughton Island on good days

Quintrex 4.5 fishraider centre console all refit 2007 new motor 50hp tohatsu and 18 auxiliary sounder and radio

Thanks in advance 

Yeah mate depending on conditions and your experience.

I've got a quintrex bay ranger 4.75m and fish there regularly.

I go early to beat the arvo winds as it can be a wet trip home if it gets choppy.

There's a few closer options around the islands or out front of fingal if you dont want to venture that far.

As Pete says, subject to conditions and experience. I fish there solo in my 4.49m Stacer Outlaw side console, with a 60 ETEC. Similar size. Sure, I cop a bit of spray sometimes but I tend to get uncomfortable before the boat does! I have also been out to the FAD and elsewhere along the 120m line, too, on good days. Why not do what I did early on... get someone to go with you, or tag along with another boat? 😉

Just hit me up when you move here! I’m sure I’ll show you what your boat is capable of and we might catch a few snapper is the process! 👍
Do you have a 4 x 4??? Then you could also launch at Boat Harbour and be off shore in minutes! 

cheers scratchie!!! 

• Like 1

I fished out of bay for a fair few years from 4.3 clark with 50 mariner   just pick your weather   plenty of apps to compare  so you dont get caught out   scratchie can prob sort you out with areas and techniques  or i can give you some areas   cheers rick

• Like 1