Trout on steroids - The Mongolian Taimen

DerekD

Hi all,

Potentially an item for the fishing bucket list.

I saw a small clip of Jeremy Wade from river monsters chasing something called a Taimen. Curiosity piqued and I found this website:

https://www.wherewisemenfish.com/holidays/sweetwater-lodge/s3475/

Hoping posting it is not against the Fishraider guidelines. Technically it is an advertising page for a Tour company but practically because of the remote location and prices they charge I don't think it will be in competition with any of the site sponsors.

Scroll down the page to section 8 and click on one of the photos to open it into full size and then you can start clicking through them.

The size of these fish and the scenery is amazing. There is one photo from above where the fly fisherman is behind some weeds and you can see the fish at the other end of the line. I still have to check out the videos.

Regards,

Derek

Edited by DerekD
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great pictures of what looks like a fantastic fishing destination. Thank Heaven we don't have fishing licenses of US$330 -450.  I would never have imagined Mongolia as a place where they have a monsoon season. Learn something every day. Cheers, bn

11 hours ago, DerekD said:

Hoping posting it is not against the Fishraider guidelines. Technically it is an advertising page for a Tour company but practically because of the remote location and prices they charge I don't think it will be in competition with any of the site sponsors.

Thanks Derek this is fine its in Mongolia :)

Appreciate your adherence to Site Rules - they are guidelines only