Blustery waste of time

Dancindan

Decided to believe an app saying the wind would drop a little and the fish would be on. Took the boat in at Sylvannia and tried to find a pocket without wind.

Spent two hours in the wind drifting different spots and didn't even get a bite.

Any advice welcome for Georges river or Botany Bay in the breeze or as it gets colder?

On 5/2/2020 at 4:52 PM, Dancindan said:

Decided to believe an app saying the wind would drop a little and the fish would be on. Took the boat in at Sylvannia and tried to find a pocket without wind.

Spent two hours in the wind drifting different spots and didn't even get a bite.

Any advice welcome for Georges river or Botany Bay in the breeze or as it gets colder?

Best place to find cover from the wind is...at home. 

Sorry I couldn't resist!

I usually check the wind direction then go on Google maps to find land cover that protects from the wind (imagine being in a valley, so stay close the landside that the wind is coming "from".

37 minutes ago, anthman said:

Best place to find cover from the wind is...at home. 

Sorry I couldn't resist!

And sometimes thats 100% correct.

I can put up with a bit of rain but when the wind gets in most places in the bay there's not to many places to hide.

And the places that you can hide most of the time may not really hold fish.

If it's a westerly you could sit behind molly point & bear island & stick in close to the runways, if it's E/SE not much you can do.

Maybe a couple of corners in the George's you can hide behind.

@Dansindan, I've driven to foreshore rd ramp before, looked at the wind & said this isn't what I ordered, turned around & went home.

And that way with a report that said 10knt winds & it was 20+

Just not worth it imo, I like to got out & enjoy the day even if I don't catch any fish!

16 hours ago, kingie chaser said:

Just not worth it imo, I like to got out & enjoy the day even if I don't catch any fish!

I have mastered your last few words.😂😂