Ramsgate Beach 6 May 2020

LandBasedKeith

Still couldn't get out of bed early as planned because of the cold weather. Missed the morning session but manged to get out after a nice lunch. After picking some weed (which is very scarce now because of the cold weather) and arrived at Ramsgate Beach at around 2pm. Beach banned had lifted but the beach front parking areas are still closed.  A bit of extra driving to street park across the road.

The weather is very nice. Nice and warm just so good to be out. Perfect wind condition, low wind and blowing outward. Low tide as expected, probably not as productive. And this is the cost of not getting out of bed in the morning. But then i was surprise to found the water a bit too murky, a bad sign for float fishing! I was so glad then that i didn't start in the morning as  murky water = no fish. Luckily the water clear up a bit after an hour or so.

There are plenty of nibbles but no hookup. Something really small, could be juvenile blackfish or just small sweeps. As i was about to call it a donut of a day, the float went down hard. Finally a blackfish to take home 36.5cm. Why .5 you may ask? I was so convinced it was 37cm. Over 36cm but no enough to be 37cm, and 36.5 sounded(felt) better. The nibbles continues and i went home before it gets dark.

Still got enough weed for another bash tomorrow morning... if i manged to get up that is.

PS. Another fellow fisho was there before me and he caught a good size trevally easily 34cm with worms or prawn.

Blackfish20200506.thumb.JPG.b0d2b9b71f5fbcf1866679f8de5995d2.JPG

• Like 6