Trailer question when getting a new boat

M1100S

Just a question on when you get your new boat. When they get the trailer is the portion circled in red already fixed from the factory (dunbier) or is this something the boat dealer adjust/setup when deliver your boat. 

Reason i ask is a few things do not seem right. first of all they have not put that post (what is the technical name for it) square and is a little off centre and when winching the boat up the  winch belt starts to fold over itself, also also i just cannot get the boat catch to work at all as there does not seem to be enough clearance for the hook to pass the catch and fix itself. is that hook supposed to roll up the bow roller? you see on this video there is miles of room for the boat to move forward

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0BsHwm-Bds

Just want to make sure it is something the dealer sets up as i will tell him to fix it up when i take boat in for service next month

image.thumb.png.dd6a29ff5b11171a30f938267252281c.pngimage.png.cd2ba0610ea64494f9b82e4c66295cff.png

Edited by M1100S

If you got the boat/trailer as a package then it should have been set up properly, whether its the dealer or the manufacturer.

Get the dealer to set it up/fix it for you, that's what you pay for!

If you start playing with these things & something goes wrong then they could tell you your warranty will be void!

Edited by kingie chaser

I have the exact setup on my boat and trailer and can tell you for a fact the catch is not setup correctly. You should have about 5cm of free space between the catch and hook on boat. Definitely go back to dealer and have the catch setup properly.

I wouldn't wait for next service but report immediately and get fixed asap.  With my boat I have to get bow of boat right in middle to allow catch to engage when driving on to trailer.   Ron 

The whole setup looks wrong requires a new winch mount looks like a bar crusher setup thought they would have got it correct go back and show them . You would think the system supplied would work

I met one of the Surtees guy at the Sydney boat show. He was helping a mate out with an issue on hist 5.5m workmate.

Very professional and willing to assist, so if you have any issues, let them now too, and i'm pretty sire that they will make everything right for you.

2 hours ago, antonywardle said:

I met one of the Surtees guy at the Sydney boat show. He was helping a mate out with an issue on hist 5.5m workmate.

Very professional and willing to assist, so if you have any issues, let them now too, and i'm pretty sire that they will make everything right for you.

How is your catch holding up ? hope it's working out for you. haven't heard any feed back since I fitted it.

Frank

I ended up taking it off and got the plate replaced at the front of the boat. I wasn't comfortable with the extra holes in it. The new one is shaped in a way that I can bolt on a catch to the side and then go with the bit you made on the post. Sorry, I should have let you know earlier. I do intend going back to it one day.