No Sydney Harbour kings, but plenty at Terrigal

Pickles

I was planning on a quiet day on the farm splitting wood for the fire  well away from the ramp traffic at Garrigal where I usually launch. My buddy Hayden got in touch at last minute and we headed out  Wide off Terrigal (30ks) in his boat.

Things were prettying slow to start, until I put down a 110cm knife jig, this was hit by a rat, which measured 62 and was released. Action picked up from there, but the biggest landed went 81cm .

Until the Southerly hit (short lived), there was very little current, no wind and flat seas - perfect for the long weekend.

Back at the ramp Fish Raider “Greg” introduced himself - what a friendly community we have

A865F56E-5AE9-4E12-9DF4-1515519319B9.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

Guest Guest123456789
1 hour ago, Pickles said:

Hey Luke, great to touch base - I usually don’t fish Terrigal, so may not touch base again. Thanks for the loan of the scaler.

No worries - what’s your first name?

Great King 👑 

22 hours ago, Pickles said:

until I put down a 110cm knife jig,

Pickles, that is a big knife jig (1.1 metres long), were you donging them on the head with it?  😂🤣

Sounds like a good day out just the same.

Fishraider now Pickles!

It was a pleasure to meet you after reading your many Kingfish posts on here as a visitor.

I guess it was by chance or destiny as I was on a weekend away without my boat and hanging around the fish tables checking out everyone’s  catch.

Including yours FHL, I was the one asking you what the Trag was called as I was not sure what it was!

Boat purchased late last year and not much fishing experience!

After you left I just asked Bob, “your not the guy on FRaider who catches all the Kings are you”? Pickles he answered back, Then he says that he usually don’t Fish Terrigal.

No boat, but I managed to catchup with 2 x Fishraiders!

It was a pleasure to meet you two  Gentlemen indeed.

• Like 1

Guest Guest123456789
20 hours ago, Pickles said:

Luke, I’m Bob

Good to meet you Bob I’ll be sure to say hello next time.

Guest Guest123456789
19 hours ago, Triple G said:

Fishraider now Pickles!

It was a pleasure to meet you after reading your many Kingfish posts on here as a visitor.

I guess it was by chance or destiny as I was on a weekend away without my boat and hanging around the fish tables checking out everyone’s  catch.

Including yours FHL, I was the one asking you what the Trag was called as I was not sure what it was!

Boat purchased late last year and not much fishing experience!

After you left I just asked Bob, “your not the guy on FRaider who catches all the Kings are you”? Pickles he answered back, Then he says that he usually don’t Fish Terrigal.

No boat, but I managed to catchup with 2 x Fishraiders!

It was a pleasure to meet you two  Gentlemen indeed.

Ahh yes I remember - you were with your two boys. What was your name? Good to meet you also.