Blade

Still on the hunt for a new boat. Have come across a Sportsman Craft.

No model given but it is a 1998 5.5mt 

Any Raiders able to give some guidance on this boat are they any good or should I stay away? 

Cheers 

Blade 

go and look with someone who knows what they are looking for- any floor or hull softness-walk away. I dont think they were a particularly big name -especially not in fishing boats. Im actually suprised they were still being made in 1998

I remember them in the 70's and 80's , I don't think they were around in the late 90's but I could be wrong. Not many around at any time and didn't have a good name back then, certainly not in the Haines league.

What model are you looking at? I remember the V189 about 18' long runabout, some of them had Chrysler outboards, what a combo..

In any case if you are keen check the boat for soft spots and moisture in the transom ( the usual stuff for any boat) and if it checks ok buy it but has to be very cheap, like motor and trailer value and boat for free.

Thanks all for the replies. 

In the end I bought a 2001 5.5m Stessl Blue Water with a mint 90hp Mercury Saltwater, the boat had good reviews when it was tested by a few of the boating and fishing magazines. 

Boat is big and solidly built. 

Looking forward to getting her on the water this coming weekend. 

10 hours ago, Blade said:

Thanks all for the replies. 

In the end I bought a 2001 5.5m Stessl Blue Water with a mint 90hp Mercury Saltwater, the boat had good reviews when it was tested by a few of the boating and fishing magazines. 

Boat is big and solidly built. 

Looking forward to getting her on the water this coming weekend. 

Very nice, sounds like you might have blown your $8K budget though :whistling:

Not that there's anything wrong with that 😅

Edited by kingie chaser
  • Haha 1