Guest Guest123456789

Guest Guest123456789

Thought I'd start a thread for all the Raiders who, like me, are obsessed with modifying their tinnies. I'm very interested in what mods others have done that I may use myself.

To get the ball rolling here is my pride and joy. I think it's just about perfect for me, can't tell you how much joy I get fishing from her.

Hoping some others kindly share some pics for discussion. Cheers, Luke.

IMG_1551.JPG

Guest Guest123456789

@chocolatemoose nice build ? 

How are you powering it? How did you waterproof it? What's that light brown material you used?

You inspired me to add a TV to the bow. Behold. It's an iPad connected to my sounder wirelessly. It allows me to view and use the sounder from my casting set on the bow. I can use the iPad to control as well using the touchscreen. I waterproofed in two glad zip lock bags (touchscreen still works perfect). It's held into position by some removable wall hangers. If I like the position I may sikaflex them down later on.

IMG_1557.JPG

Guest Guest123456789
48 minutes ago, noelm said:

Seems like a lot of stuff in that boat, is there any room for you??

You're right Noel my boat sux! Maybe is should sell it?

Guest Guest123456789
1 hour ago, Flickn Mad said:

It's a pretty crap boat mate. I'm with Noel, I recon you should sell it. 

I ll give you a grand for it.?✌

Sold

G'day Luke. You just know I'm going to respond, eh? My pride and joy is a 3.45m Allycraft with 15HP Yamaha 2 stroke and 54" electric. I fish rivers and dams for Murray Cod, etc and occasionally get to the coast for a bit of estuary fishing.

So where to start:

The bow mounted electric motor, used for creeping round the snags when lure fishing

Navigation lights for night fishing in the river

Pedestal seats which I change around to accommodate driving the boat (tiller) to casting lures, etc

Relocation of the sounder /fishfinder so I can see it from either position (driving boat or casting lures)

Addition of rod holders for travelling and several other rod holders for bait fishing

Everything is secured... landing net, oars, extendable lure retrieval pole, stern (all round) light, when not in use

Bimini...used when it's going to be a long hot day on the water

The oars,all round light and extendable lure retrieval pole are all secured, but can be easily accessed when needed.

Also one of the 4 LED strip lights mounted inside the side rail

IMG_8467resize.jpg

The sounder /fishfinder relocated to the forward bench seat so it can be seen when driving with the petrol motor or casting from the pedestal seat.

IMG_8472resize.jpg

2 rod holders fitted where I can reach them. 1 allows the rod to be directly behind the boat and the other points the rod to the right rear of the boat. This prevents the lines from getting tangled up with each other.

IMG_8474resize.jpg

The rod holders used when travelling to and from fishing spots

IMG_8479resize.jpg

The mounting for the electric motor on the bow.

IMG_8481resize.jpg

Oh and 1 addition to my trailer which is invaluable. I have a plank fitted to the trailer that allows me to walk along towards the rear of the trailer, when retrieving the boat. IT IS FANTASTIC!

So that's what I've done to help me get among the fish. I'll look forward to seeing what others have come up with...BN

Guest Guest123456789

@big Neil awesome set up mate. Looks very neat and tidy and clever use of hardware items I'm a big fan of (PVC etc). Saves lots of money.

if you can a photo of the trailer plank I'd be interested to see as I have the same problem. Particularly spots where stingrays are present I'd rather not set foot in the water.

I wish that I knew how to post photos on this site as I have heaps of different ideas that I have done over the years and set up my Bass boat from a bare hull to what it is today. Unfortunately I have been forced to sell my belovered Bass boat and now looking for another bare hull to start all over again.

Frank

Guest Guest123456789
3 hours ago, frankS said:

I wish that I knew how to post photos on this site as I have heaps of different ideas that I have done over the years and set up my Bass boat from a bare hull to what it is today. Unfortunately I have been forced to sell my belovered Bass boat and now looking for another bare hull to start all over again.

Frank

Hi Frank,

here is the link to the support page, I'm sure if you post th issues one of the mods will help you out

http://www.fishraider.com.au/Invision/forum/71-technical-support/

i would love to see some pics of your old bass boat, I'm sure she was a beaut. You must be excited about getting a new blank canvas to start from scratch again. What sort of tinnie are you thinking of getting?

18 hours ago, flatheadluke said:

@big Neil awesome set up mate. Looks very neat and tidy and clever use of hardware items I'm a big fan of (PVC etc). Saves lots of money.

if you can a photo of the trailer plank I'd be interested to see as I have the same problem. Particularly spots where stingrays are present I'd rather not set foot in the water.

I'll take some pics next time I go fishing and post them for you to see. BN

another shot of the Decked Out tinny. featuring... lighting. LOTS of lighting. including a lazer cut steel decked out logo

So this boat was to be featured on a show called "Decked Out" a kind of pimp my ride like tv show untill its early cancellation 
this tinny featured a custom juxtaposition motif. with all the railing around the outside painted in "rust paint" and a custom vinyl wrap that featured a worn old rusted hull finish.. .with the inside of the boat the total oposite. Led blue lighting on the floors. inside the custom rod lockers. led stainless cup holders. underwater led lights. front flood lights. 
hidden kill tank in the floor
live well in the front thwart. two storage lockers in the back. with a separate esky in the centre. running a 22" tv in the front with Fusion sound system, with HDMI and AV ports in the back. RX200 remote in the back. twin bilge pumps. bifolding actuated rode locker hatch. Lonestar drum winch. all up it had 12 switches.
the trailer was painted with a hammer tone finish. and also featured its own under trailer and above trailer LED lighting. 

its a shame the tv show never featured.. it may make a guest appearance at the Melbourne Boat show this year. 

Lights.jpg

Guest Guest123456789

@chocolatemoose wow that's a seriously pimped boat. That looks like a party boat, Australia Day bender!!!

Shame the show got axed I would have loved it.

where abouts are you based? 

Edited by Guest123456789
Typo

we are based in eastern melbourne. 
the boat was a real fun project. it was kinda fun but very hard to make some components look very old.. yet new and still functional. those seat bases had to be scratched and then painted and then scuffed and dented. ,, yet are brand new :P

we have a reprisal though. ch7 has a tv show that we will fit out a boat for in may. a 795 jeannaeu marlin. a much bigger boat :P