Ramsgate Beach 20 June 2020

LandBasedKeith

While my girlfriend and her friend doing baywalk, i fish at mine usual spot at Ramsgate Beach. We arrived at Ramsgate Beach at around 3:30pm. The girls went out to the groyne with me for a bit just to take some selfies and then left me alone to do my fishing.

There are already 2 person there, hasn't started long either and not a bite yet. One is using bread to target trevally and another using prawns n pilchards to targeting whatever comes along. I am not at my usual spot as it is first come first serve rules, i had to burley heavily hoping to bring the blackfish to where i am. Nothing for an hour and the sun is almost behind the tree line. Though there are some bites here and there but no hookup. I am a bit concern as i bragged to the girls promising at least 1 blackfish for dinner. Then the float went down hard, giving me a 37cm blackfish. Lucky!

It is getting a bit dark and my dinner already caught, i decided to join the other guy for some trevally fun. First few throws yield me 2 good size yellowtail scad and then nothing after. I would like to have send out the livey for something BIG but that would mean chance crossing the other two's guys' line. Nah, that would have be a nuisance so i give the livey option a miss. I later tried tailor using hard body lure, not a bite! Those 2 guys went home empty handed and me soon after with 'Salt n Chilli Fried Fish Fillets' for dinner as promised. My mum help with the cooking and went a bit heavy on the salt and the chilli are not as hot as expected. But luckily the fish are still quit tasty - moist and tender.

Lesson learned - Don't let your mum cook for you if you intends to impress your girlfriends.:) ...and more chilli and less salt.

Fishing20200620-1.JPG.c39e4e687111bcce5c9a130b6b96fa1c.JPGFishing20200620-2.JPG.b63a11ca51c1e0851cbfe519c1a6c356.JPG

• Like 4

I read a few posts you catching fish from those grounds lately. That is a surprise honestly. I normally have a walk on that section of the beach in the morning and often see someone fishing there, but never seen any fish caught. 
really well done!

charles