The barrels are here (possibly)

JonD

My daughter had a five way hook up on bluefin  two days ago with fish in the 40-50kg. Just had a call from her stating they have been battling two fish for the last two and half hours and not gained any line in all that time (gonna be a late night). They broke a third off early in the fight about 2hrs ago.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, PaddyT said:

how wide Jon? 

Not sure yet but I believe pretty close to The seamounts.

1 hour ago, Scratchie said:

The yellow fin are still up here too! A fellow raider got 3 yesterday. Waiting for his report! 🤔

How good have the yellowfin been, still here too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scratchie said:

The yellow fin are still up here too! A fellow raider got 3 yesterday. Waiting for his report! 🤔

Yeah, I have a friend from Sydney who wants to come to Port to chase them this weekend, so I have a ride out in his boat (7+m) if he does. 😎 Only thing is I don’t know where to go! I assume out to the 1000m line and beyond. I do have a mark out off Seal Rocks that a few fin were allegedly caught at a week or so ago. Guess that’s a start. 🤷‍♂️

Unfortunately the big one was taken by sharks just 20m from the boat after 5hrs. The smaller one came in just over 148kg. This is my daughter lying by its side, she has plenty of decent pictures of it on her camera.

IMG_2722.thumb.jpg.b40a2201cbd95005c4d766ba396eebf6.jpg

IMG_4392.thumb.JPG.d7e1f57a73debe977b5273d097aad136.JPG

Edited by JonD
  • Like 8