Friday Kingie chasing - squid and fisheries inspection

Pickles

Went out wide with raider  “Rev” and “Stevo” for Kingies (Longie, Iggy, Mugs). Always begins with a squid session. Because we were after snapper as well, only spent 15 minutes around the cliffs north of the Heads (Sydney). Dropped one and caught one big one. No cuttlefish, but lots of cuttlefish”bones” floating (my birds love them). Only one kingie back inside, no snapper, but plenty of big Trevors and XOS Yakkas (nice sushi) and a few slimie mackerel.

Coming  through the heads we stopped to drop a line, noticing fisheries boat checking other fisho’s and expected they would come over, which they did. All was good, but they fined two other boats for undersized fish, which was encouraging. If you never do the wrong thing, you never have to worry. “The Revs” and stevo’s licences all in date and being Koori, I don’t need one (about the only advantage of being a 1st Australian).

A great day with mates and a few fish to boot (probably worst day on kings this year).

67C3DF42-5515-4B40-A73C-E16900EDE7A5.jpeg

3B61D81C-5860-4D6D-8EC4-2891F8655A0E.jpeg

• Like 4

I was out last monday and had border force shoo me away from end of the oil wharf in the bay... pulling in rods i latched on to a shovel now shark too...they hung around till i want and started hauling in the anchor then they moved on.