Fishing Lake Macquarie region in Mid-September

The Rev

Hi there fellow Raiders,

I am venturing up to stay at Wangi Wangi on Lake Macquarie in mid-September for a break and wondered about what the fishing was like then and any fishing tips for the lake or out off Swansea. I fish in a 4.2M Quintrex Renegade and happy to go to inshore reefs if the weather is cooperating.  I normally fish Sydney Harbour and out of the heads up to 10km out when the weather is good.

The Rev (Bruce)

I've fished the lake a handful of times and the only advice I can offer is find the bait find the fish. Plenty of good structure through out the lake, the best success I have had is looking for the tailor schools and fishing underneath them with plastics and vibes.

• Like 1

On 8/28/2020 at 2:38 PM, tyrone07 said:

I've fished the lake a handful of times and the only advice I can offer is find the bait find the fish. Plenty of good structure through out the lake, the best success I have had is looking for the tailor schools and fishing underneath them with plastics and vibes.

Thanks Tyrone - will try what you have suggested.  The Rev

I dontknowthe area but you migh tbe able to get more info from some of the guys in this thread-

Also this could be worth looking at-

https://marinerescuelakemacquarie.com.au/images/public_docs/Fishing_Locations_Matrix.pdf

http://www.ozpolitic.com/fish/map-gps-marks-fishing/Swansea-N-New-South-Wales-map-gps-marks-fishing.html

• Like 1

On 9/2/2020 at 9:02 PM, mrsswordfisherman said:

Might be in that area too @The Rev will let you know how things go

mrsswordie

Thanks Mrs Swordie - let us know if you are up there - we going up Thursday for 9 days and will be trying to get out a fair bit.

Bruce (The Rev)

• Like 1