Land based locations - pitwater

Jaymanner

Hi there,

One of my fishing goals as the weather warms up is to find some new land based spots in northern Sydney.

I have tried Bobbin Head, Narrabeen lake and Bayview (too many dogs at the beach there) over the last couple of months but have come up short on all occasions.

Is anyone willing to suggest a few land based spots around Pitwater that are accessible by car?

Ta.

Hi Jaymanner,

Careel Bay is fun spot to fish super light for whiting, bream, flatties on the sand flats. You can also pump nippers down there 👍.

Also as it warms up fun to kayak down there drift through the boats on the wharf side, see a few large Kingies prowling in the deeper water also. 👍

I'd add the various flats around Bayview and Church point to the mix. Also can pump nippers but to be honest I do ok on the whiting on peeled prawns as well. Pea sized ball sinker straight to a size 6 hook and just cast over the flats...No need to bother with anything beyond the dropoff.

As AVR said, the superlight element is crucial. I use 1kg mono with an old nibble tip rod.

• Like 1