Boat trailers

delboy030767

Hi does any body know how much it would cost to buy an Australian made boat trailer to suit a quintrex 3.85 quintrex explorer eclipse hull 2007 model with a 15 hp 4 stroke mercury, I looking to upgrade from seatrail as seatrail don't make hubs anymore as its more than 10 years  old as they had 10 years of stock and sold the bussiness 4 years ago so I could either buy replace axle and hubs to Holden hubs or seatrail in which I prefer not to use seatrail.I brought the boat with trailer 5 years ago 2nd hand not relising seatrail was chinese made.

Plenty of Australian manifacturers of boat trailers about, to numerous to name them all but take a look at Dunbier or Boeing.

I got a new Dunbier for my 3.9mtr quintrex a few years ago, the only thing I didnt like was the LED lights were rubbish but they would all tend to mostly use generic stuff I'd say.

The suspension in these newer trailers is so much better.

But to answer your question it should be pretty easy to replace the axle/ hubs/springs etc if you want to go down that path.

I thought of doing it but my trailer was way to old(late 60's/early 70's model) so just replacing it made more sense.

Good luck.

Edited by kingie chaser

I don't think Seatrail would use hubs/axles that are not the same as anyone else, complete axle assemblies are really quite cheap if the frame is still OK, can you take a picture of what you have?

Edited by noelm

Mate I would be surprised if you can't fix that if only parts needed. I had to replace my trailer about 3 years  ago I went with sales trailers I won't say they are the best but good value as my boat is not worth a lot.no problems with rust at all but I do give it a good hosedown each use no problem with lights but they did use cheap bearings

34 minutes ago, delboy030767 said:

Thanks everyone I decided to replace axle and hubs with a holden hubs and axle this was the cheaper option rather than buy a new trailer the trailer it self is in good condition maybe a couple of years down the track I may decide to upgraded the boat 

Great, as long as the rest of the trailer is ok when what you have done makes total sense.

With mine it had just gone way to far needing to many bits replace.

Good luck with the change over :biggrinthumb: 

Edited by kingie chaser