Lures for Jewfish

Azza_Fishing

G'day fishraiders, 

Heading out on a boat at Hawkesbury River, and I need to buy some new lures. Right now the only jewie lures I have are the Berkley Shimma Shad 100 in frosty gaze and 65 in golden ticket. What other lures would you recommend to chuck on the end of my line. I am going on a boat, so if you could also recommend some hot spots for jewies near Hawkesbury Marina.  

Cheers

Azza_Fishing

Hii Mate,

Never fished your area but on the mid north coast I favour blades especially in dirty water, otherwise anything with a paddletail to create the vibration and get it in the zone. Have not used hardbodies in the estuary but they work off the walls so they might work too!! Good Luck. Hoods

• Like 1

4-5" zman minnowz, opening night, midnight oil and pearl blue glimmer are stand out colours. 

Use 1/4 and 3/8th jigheads in a 4/0-5/0 size and hop across the bottom near holes

Zman swimmerz I have heard are good too.

You can use soft vibes and bream sized vibes for jewfish and others.

You will get them on 3" but up and above for an increased hook up rate

Edited by JamoDamo
  • Like 1

My daughter fished the Clyde last week testing out Daiwa's bait junkie soft plastics where she managed a small 86cm jew almost on her first cast. I say small as she was quite disappointed thinking it was a big flathead as the fight can be very subdued compared to the bigger fish. Her and a friend ended up with 9 Jews on a mix of plastics and bait after dark.

Gee, this is a sorry state of affairs, my MacBook won't post pictures, so I have to send them to an iPad that doesn't work the keypad properly!!!!!

1798416393_ScreenShot2020-12-03at10_23_00am.png.c26215fb1e561e93602755c36fe6488c.png

Edited by JonD
  • Like 6

21 hours ago, JonD said:

My daughter fished the Clyde last week testing out Daiwa's bait junkie soft plastics where she managed a small 86cm jew almost on her first cast. I say small as she was quite disappointed thinking it was a big flathead as the fight can be very subdued compared to the bigger fish. Her and a friend ended up with 9 Jews on a mix of plastics and bait after dark.

Gee, this is a sorry state of affairs, my MacBook won't post pictures, so I have to send them to an iPad that doesn't work the keypad properly!!!!!

1798416393_ScreenShot2020-12-03at10_23_00am.png.c26215fb1e561e93602755c36fe6488c.png

Thanks, 

What type of plastic did she use (was it the jerk shad) and what was the sized hook and weight that was in the rig. 

Also what is that lake/estuary you went to.

Thanks heaps,

Aaron 

1 hour ago, Azza_Fishing said:

Thanks, 

What type of plastic did she use (was it the jerk shad) and what was the sized hook and weight that was in the rig. 

Also what is that lake/estuary you went to.

Thanks heaps,

Aaron 

I rarely see her these days, she leaves at 4am and returns home around 10pm from driving charter boats, so asking her anything can be tricky!!!

The lures are the biggest grub style I believe and the weight can be seen on the jig in the fishes mouth. She normally uses much lighter jig heads but was using a heavier outfit than usual in the hope of a big fish as well as the windy conditions meant using more weight.

• Like 1