Port Hacking

Yowie

Headed out to Lilli Pilli early this morning, pulled out the tailor, reddie, crab on fish baits, rather quiet out there.

Changed to Maianbar flats as the tide rose and pumped some nippers. Waded in less than knee deep water for the whiting, a couple of small ones at first then moved spots and found the larger ones. The fish were scattered, then no more bites for a while, so back into the boat and drifted a few spots for nothing worth keeping.

A secret flattie spot produced one undersized one and that was it so headed home.

WARNING FOR BOAT USERS.   

there was a f**kwit out there this morning, between 5.30 and 6.30 am, the third time I have seen him in the last 2 months. A bullet shaped speed boat, sky blue on top, white underneath, tall black motor (may be a Mercury brand) no rego to be seen. He drives at extreme speed, and I mean easily 50 knots or so, even through the 8 knot zones, does not slow down.

He has no respect for anyone else on the water, and you don't want to be hit by him at the speed he drives.

He motors through all of the bays at high speed and returns the eastern end of the Hacking. Don't know the location at this time, however, the Water Police and Maritime are interested in locating the boat, so if someone has any knowledge, let them know.

2 fishos were fishing off Lilli Pilli bathes when he roared straight past them, neither could see a rego and there may not be any displayed on the boat. 

fish.jpeg.274_files.jpg

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, Rebel said:

Great haul again, well done.

Ring the Water Police, they may help you.

Cheers.

Have spoken to the cops, they know about the boat, as does Maritime. The lunatic is out early to avoid them.

2 hours ago, Scratchie said:

Nice haul there yowie! Good size whiting there. As for the boater, you can’t teach stupid! 

cheers scratchie!!! 

Thanks scratchie, happy with some whiting fillets.

1 hour ago, FishyMcFishFace said:

Very nice feed of Whiting mate!!

Let's hope they catch that bastard!! 

Happy with the whiting.

If you were in a yak and numbnuts ran over you, it's goodbye.

3 hours ago, jenno64 said:

Nice work Yowie

I have secured a boat so I'm venturing out into the Hacking this weekend (bad timing). Hope to get a feed of whiting like yours!

Good luck with the boat traffic. Just a matter of finding where the whiting are feeding, as I drifted in the boat for no bites over some sand patches once the tide was up a bit.

As usual, nice feed there mate 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 Dinner sorted 👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾

Clowns are clowns no matter what breed they are, in the Georges we have early morning kamikaze jet skis flying around, once maritime are on the water there gone. 

Keep fighting the good fight! 

2 hours ago, Ribs said:

As usual, nice feed there mate 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 Dinner sorted 👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾

Clowns are clowns no matter what breed they are, in the Georges we have early morning kamikaze jet skis flying around, once maritime are on the water there gone. 

Keep fighting the good fight! 

Thanks Ribs.

This boat was faster than jet skis. He gets out early to beat the Maritime boat. When I phoned an officer at Sans Souci Water Police and told her she was probably still in bed when the lunatic was on the water, she laughed. The reason why he goes out early in the morning.

9 hours ago, Keflapod said:

Maybe a sandbar might launch him into outer space?

Seriously isn't he worried he will hit one? There are lots in the hacking, right?

He did run into a sandbank, just to the south of Lilli Pilli bathes. Threw his boat around a bit, but he did not fall out. 😂  Sat quiet for a short time, then sped off again.

1 hour ago, mitchie18092 said:

good to see the whiting on the chew. might be time to get the top water gear out i think!

have seen a few bruisers around of late...

nice feed, as per Yowie

Thank you. Just have to get the big ones on the bite.