Modern Fishing Free Rod Offer

antman

:yahoo: im sure you are all aware of the fishing magazine modern fishing.

well i went to the news agent and it had a thing in it saying free fishing rod.

basicaly if we paid postage of $30.00 we would then get either a beach rod or esuary rod from pirana. i think this was the brand.

well i dont know to much about rods and all that but im wondering if this is a good deal. or if it would be better to just save my money and later on uy a much better rod. as i dont money to burn. btw i have only been fishing for a few months as well so i am definatly no pro.

cheers antman

hi ya,

Ive seen the offer as well. But they dont give you much details as to the rods are like other than estuary and beach,+lengths. If you are starting they might be good, but probably best to go to a tackle store or somewhere so you can at least get the feel of the rods so you can see if they are comfortable for you and what you want. And at a tackle store they can give you some good advice on reels etc starting off. Even if you dont buy from them, you will get a good idea of what to look for and then find some on your own.Never seen the Piranha rods so cant really vouch for what they are really worth and how good they are.

Sq

Guest lbgking

I don't know the brand, however if they are trying to buy some market share they may be doing an offer to buy business.

I will definately fork out the $30 to have a look. If it's a lemon of a rod it can hang in the shed for visitors use! :tease:

you dont get much fore 30bucks these days so i reckon its worth a go... as lbgking said it may be another for the ring-ins to use but you just never know. I think from a marketing perspective its a great ploy to break into an already flooded market. If the gear is substandard i feel that this attension will work negatively on the brand and someone in charge down there at piranha cant be that stupid not to know this. If on the other hand its quality stuff what better way to start spreading the word... we can all hope

yea well the otehr site has sum good points too.

well they could be trying to penetrate the market. or they could be floggin off some 20c rod made in china and then revalue it to some crazy australian standard. i cant immagine it would be any worse than a 30 buk rod a Kmart. il just have to think about this one. $30 at the pub :beersmile: or $30 on sum rod :1fishing1: .... or $60 on both :beersmile::1fishing1: ... hmmmm il figure it out soon enoug

Guest Sea Jay

If its a dud rod then you can always give it to someone as a christmas present, there are plenty of options i think its worth the $30.00