Covid Deja Vu, have a safe Xmas & new year.

kingie chaser

Seems like "it" has reared its ugly head again after we had done so well as a country & a state in NSW to eraticate it.

Still it has made a resurgence into the population through what seems to be overseas airflight crew or similar.

You would have thought with what after what we have been through with the Ruby princess & the failures of the Victorian hotel quaranteen system that NSW Health & Gov officials should have more restrictive on international 

I fear we are about to go into lockdown again in NSW & can only piont the finger at loopholes at quaranteen.

I really hope that the great contact tracing NSW has that another lockdown is overted but its already a week old before the original cases were discovered.

I just went back to work 5 weeks ago after 8 months &  now the word is the industries previosly affected are going to go into closure again, now I am getting ready for round 2...................or is that round 3 depending on where your from??

Of course we are doing so much better than the rest of the world but the last few days have highlighted if you give this thing an inch it will take a metre.

Anyway hope everyone has a Covid safe xmas best wishes in 2021 to all raiders  :biggrinthumb:

Edited by kingie chaser
  • Like 2

• kingie chaser changed the title to Covid Deja Vu, have a safe Xmas & new year.

Your post, KC, signals a timely opportunity for me to wish ALL RAIDERS, their friends, colleagues and families a safe holiday period. Unlike most previous years I think it's very important to stress that we follow any directions given by the Authorities in relation to Covid 19.

May you all finish 2020 on a high and be prepared for the New Year with all it will throw at us. 

We all share a common bond (Fishraider and fishing). I hope that you all have enough...we don't need everything!

Keep well and be kind to each other, bn

• Like 4

Stay safe everyone! I’m in iso again until I get the results of my latest COVID swab today. 45 minute drive to Newcastle and 90 minutes in the drive through queue. 🤷‍♂️I feel pretty bleh and I’m sure it’s not the dreaded rona but it’s frustrating the hell out of me as  to why I keep getting sick! Always seems to be when I go back to work after a few days off.

Wishing everyone a safe and happy Christmas!

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Berleyguts said:

Stay safe everyone! I’m in iso again until I get the results of my latest COVID swab today. 45 minute drive to Newcastle and 90 minutes in the drive through queue. 🤷‍♂️I feel pretty bleh and I’m sure it’s not the dreaded rona but it’s frustrating the hell out of me as  to why I keep getting sick! Always seems to be when I go back to work after a few days off.

Wishing everyone a safe and happy Christmas!

Thats no good Baz, apart from the CV19 test when was your last full check up??

Mind you I think most of us feel bleh when we know we have to go back to work............................well I usually do except when I returned to work after 8 months due to CV I was actually looking forward to it, maybe it was the thought of actually earning some real $$$ again??

Also a by product of going back to work is that I lost 6kg in 6 weeks of working 😁

All the best Baz.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, kingie chaser said:

Thats no good Baz, apart from the CV19 test when was your last full check up??

Last full check up would probably have been last year some time. Even before COVID it was a 2 week waiting period to see a GP. That’s how it seems to be here in the Bay. With COVID, they are doing phone only consults mostly. I enjoy going to work but I actually think something there is setting allergies off or something and that leads to a cough and chest infection. Probably the frequent use of hand sanitiser (every time someone pays with cash, that’s the SOP) and disinfectant (for the trolleys, baskets, EFTPOS terminals etc.)! 🤷‍♂️ Bloody annoying, because if I’m not laid up with a cough and sore throat, it’s my damn tennis elbow playing up! 😂

Oh well! There’s plenty of people a lot worse off than me... and I still live in paradise! 😂

stay safe everyone, I live on the beaches an the timing couldn't have been worse- but, what do you do right.

had the test done, came back negative, so now we just lock ourselves indoors till it passes.

on the plus side, I get to enjoy time with my 1 year old son, which I wouldn't other wise get- so trying to look at the silver lining. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Berleyguts said:

I enjoy going to work but I actually think something there is setting allergies off or something and that leads to a cough and chest infection. Probably the frequent use of hand sanitiser (every time someone pays with cash, that’s the SOP) and disinfectant (for the trolleys, baskets, EFTPOS terminals etc.)! 🤷‍♂️ Bloody annoying, because if I’m not laid up with a cough and sore throat, it’s my damn tennis elbow playing up! 😂

Hay fever maybe??

I know some people that as soon as they walk into work the aircon & whatever esle starts reacting with them straight away & within 10 minutes they feel like rubbish & have to start downing antihistamines.

Edited by kingie chaser
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, motiondave said:

I suffer from hayfever and sinus issues, I have "Rona" symptoms daily and have for many years, obviously it's not that. Mostly in the morning I am sneezing, blowing my shnoz, coughing, looking like absolutely wrecked...but it clears up for the day...

...or Maybe it's just being a parent...

@kingie chaserand @motiondave Maybe hay fever... I used to get it a lot when I was a kid. No air con at Bunnings but a lot of dust, chemicals and potting mix etc., I guess. I reckon a weather change brings it on, too. It doesn’t seem like hay fever. Usually starts with a sore throat which I put down to talking to customers too much (or singing and playing guitar) but then it goes straight to the chest and lays me up for quite a while. I have asthma inhalers (preventer and Ventolin) and have to use them a lot more lately. (Mild asthma came on very late in life - never diagnosed with it as a kid).  I usually end up with a full chest infection needing antibiotics- not the best way to go but it’s the only thing that stops it in its tracks. 🤷‍♂️