First kingie!

LittleNipper

Hi raiders

Initial plan was to head up the coast for some crabs to eat at Christmas however due to covid uncertainty up north at the moment I headed down south.

Was throwing out gulp 2.5inch
soft plastics for at least 2 hours with only 2 pikes hitting it.

I threw the soft plastic out and left it out while I was attending to another family members rod when I look over and my rod is moving and spoiling off very very quickly! After a 10minute fight on 10lb braid and getting tangled in my other rods line i see the glamourising silver under the water and up comes a 67cm kingie

checked my Apple Watch and heart rate shot up to 140bpm from my usual 60 resting heart rate 😂

All in all a good day with my first king and also getting a feed of aust. salmon. Dad got a sneaky photo claiming he caught the fish haha 

cheers

P.s if anyone knows any places not too far down south for some blue swimmers that would be much appreciated. I think I have up the coast all sorted for crabs, happy to share 

1DCBF091-A48D-4FBA-BAB5-7EAE4A867442.jpeg

• Like 6

Nice king well done 

3 hours ago, LittleNipper said:

Hi raiders

Initial plan was to head up the coast for some crabs to eat at Christmas however due to covid uncertainty up north at the moment I headed down south.

Was throwing out gulp 2.5inch
soft plastics for at least 2 hours with only 2 pikes hitting it.

I threw the soft plastic out and left it out while I was attending to another family members rod when I look over and my rod is moving and spoiling off very very quickly! After a 10minute fight on 10lb braid and getting tangled in my other rods line i see the glamourising silver under the water and up comes a 67cm kingie

checked my Apple Watch and heart rate shot up to 140bpm from my usual 60 resting heart rate 😂

All in all a good day with my first king and also getting a feed of aust. salmon. Dad got a sneaky photo claiming he caught the fish haha 

cheers

P.s if anyone knows any places not too far down south for some blue swimmers that would be much appreciated. I think I have up the coast all sorted for crabs, happy to share 

1DCBF091-A48D-4FBA-BAB5-7EAE4A867442.jpeg

Nice King well done 

On 12/21/2020 at 4:55 PM, SquibblyDibbly said:

Congrats on the Kingie.

How far south? Lake Illawarra and the Shoalhaven will both produce.

Does lake Illawarra produce many crabs? 
I’ve only been there twice. One for my on water lesson when I first purchased my boat and the second time I didn’t realise how shallow it is in the middle and got beached 😅

On 12/23/2020 at 4:18 PM, LittleNipper said:

Does lake Illawarra produce many crabs? 
I’ve only been there twice. One for my on water lesson when I first purchased my boat and the second time I didn’t realise how shallow it is in the middle and got beached 😅

Yeh you will get crabs in lake illawarra. Not as many as once upon a time though.